2011 Red Y-Wing: Build Thread™

Just in case anyone missed the joke neospring is referring to the missing coupons from my newspaper wrapping, not real missing parts from the kit.....

But joking aside, there is 1 tiny missing part from everyone's kit, it's the blurry part that goes on top of the body, as one person put it, the one that looks like Dr Evils ship...I think it's on page 17 of the instructions.

I did not realize that the part was missing until J did the instructions, which was about 1/2 way thru the run, so my plan is to make a gang mold of the part after the last kits have shipped and just send everyone that part. It's easier than trying to keep track of who and who did not get the part. It will give me a chance to send any other replacement parts that people need as well.

The last couple of people should be done in the next week or so and that will bring this to a close, please hang tight guys, things have changed a bit in the last weeks that have slowed me down a bit. My wife is working 6 days a week at this point so i have lost Sat almost entirely as a work day. If it keeps up too much longer i will really need to take a look at closing up shop for a while...
thanks
mike

NP, Mike! I hope the situation comes good for you soon.

Since we're talking missing parts, there's another, sort of - a small circular styrene chip under the port nose gun. I know, catastrophic, huh? :)

LOVING this kit.

Mike thanks for the heads up. Itll be an age till i touch this bird anyhoo, but its typical of you to be so stand up, as always, impeccable customer service!

lee

howdy all,

Which direction are the nose barrels oriented?
I can't seem to find any info about it in the instructions.

ywing_b.JPG

I've sliced open my finger already cleaning flash. the doc gave me a choice between stitches and dermabond. I chose dermabond as it would get me back home to the kit faster lol.

I need to use emoticons more:facepalm

You should thank Montagar for giving you the perfect one to use after any of my posts. (Ya creepy stalker.)

Mike thanks for the heads up. Itll be an age till i touch this bird anyhoo, but its typical of you to be so stand up, as always, impeccable customer service!

That bears repeating, so yeah, seconded.

Horizontally IIRC.

howdy all,

I can't seem to find any info about it in the instructions.

ywing_b.JPG

I've sliced open my finger already cleaning flash. the doc gave me a choice between stitches and dermabond. I chose dermabond as it would get me back home to the kit faster lol.

The bracket things go inside the mouth.

Just in case anyone missed the joke neospring is referring to the missing coupons from my newspaper wrapping, not real missing parts from the kit.....

But joking aside, there is 1 tiny missing part from everyone's kit, it's the blurry part that goes on top of the body, as one person put it, the one that looks like Dr Evils ship...I think it's on page 17 of the instructions.

I did not realize that the part was missing until J did the instructions, which was about 1/2 way thru the run, so my plan is to make a gang mold of the part after the last kits have shipped and just send everyone that part. It's easier than trying to keep track of who and who did not get the part. It will give me a chance to send any other replacement parts that people need as well.

The last couple of people should be done in the next week or so and that will bring this to a close, please hang tight guys, things have changed a bit in the last weeks that have slowed me down a bit. My wife is working 6 days a week at this point so i have lost Sat almost entirely as a work day. If it keeps up too much longer i will really need to take a look at closing up shop for a while...
thanks
mike

I've got about three other tiny bits missing, but just haven't had the heart to bother you with it. But on the other hand I would kinda like to have 'em...so I'll PM you the parts I need seeing as you're planning on taking care of missing stuff, though I do hate to add to your workload...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back