2001 Monolith build

When I get the job site all picked up and everything is wrapped up for the night, I plan to open another topic here where I just post the smaller versions of all the photos I took as i built the monolith, but not have any texts with the photos.

I just wanted a start -to- finish story told only in photos.

I want to thank all the people that have supported my attempt to make this project.
I enjoyed reading the comments as we went along.

I am an old retired man, and I never did anything with wood in my life.
I had to make do with what I had on-hand to make the monolith.

I hope that in the future when people stop by and read this topic, that they will get some enjoyment out of it.

It's been a fun ride !

I admit,,,,I glance over....check it out...and feel pleased...
So, my big hobby is costumes. I would be getting myself and a few friends some passable ape scene (likely very available right now with all the planet of the apes popularity) monolith costumes and redo the bone club scene during high traffic. It's a sickness, of course, but I joined group and things are looking up. Oh, by the way, welcome to group alan molstad

Good thing it's a "blink-and-you-miss-it" from the road.:oops: I cannot imagine drivers being distracted on that busy highway and looking at that Monolith:eek::eek:
its actually a tricky thing to see.
While I see it every time, my wife has yet to see it.

and as the summer goes on, the trees will make it impossible to see,,,

BUT!.......but come winter, and the trees are free of leaves, and the snow is deep, and the whole world is bright white.....?

Then the Monolith will become a landmark of blackness in a world of white.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back