2001 landing bay 1:72 scale WIP

Wow. Epic! Fantastic model.
For lens correction, you could check if RawTherapee has a preset for your phones camera. Last time I used the program the list of lenses was huge, not sure if it included phones though.
Thanks for the info HMR; my wife agreed with the purchase of a video camera. Lots of research as to which one to choose for my purpose;)

Incredible

I see myself sitting there with a cup of coffee and a sign the says, "those are actually pictures of the filming set for the movie...change my mind" :lol:

Well, after vacation time + a hacker trying to get all of my files on my computer (thanks to Jeff, IT genius for having saved me:cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:)
Here's the latest and final pics of the bay. Now both control booth are done on each side.
I'll have to buy the hardware made for a pocket door to slide the Orion into it. Next week...if everything goes well!

Attachments

• 20230722_192122_Burst01.jpg
    20230722_192122_Burst01.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 131
  • 20230722_192336_Burst01.jpg
    20230722_192336_Burst01.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 128
Thanks guys. I've done what I could with the amount of "details" seen in the screen cap.;)
Here's the complete floor with the black panels in place + the pit & crew (1:72 scale). I've opted for a blue light to minimize the fact that the figures are going to be static. The shot emphasizes the arrival of the shuttle Orion in the landing bay; not the pit & crew:)
The light trenches are open for the moment; these will be covered with a translucent plastic + lighting.

Btw: my phone does a strange thing with its lens; it makes the trapezoidal entrance look like a rectangle:oops::unsure: I can assure you that it's, indeed, a trapeze:p
Look up madelman 2001 astronauts...if you have the 1/12 scale pod as see on Tested.

Well, after a long radio silence concerning this project, I've come to the conclusion that some more tech is needed to achieve what I want to do.
1: Buy a proper video camera; the IPad is not the answer (as you will see).:(
2: Improve the rig; in this raw footage, the entire landing bay is moving...the Orion is static. I'll have to try another method in terms of rollers.;)

Stay tuned:p

That does look good already.
What do you have it on to roll it and are you moving it by hand?
A lot of times, having bigger type wheels on a track can give a smoother motion.
And decent HD video cameras have come way down in price down. I gotten some used ones that were alright. Surely better than a cell phone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back