1/350 NX-01 Completed

modelerdave

Sr Member
This was a beast for me. My first 1/350 scale kit as kind of a warm up for the TOS and eventually the Refit. I started last September.

It's FINALLY done. There are a lot of flaws in the painting. Not the Aztecing I did, which I'm pretty happy with, but the actual laying down of the AK Extreme Metals paints. This was on me, not the paints. I need to be better about making sure the surface of the model is completely clean between coats, and be better about spraying into corners and edges so I don't get unwanted buildups.

Anyway, here's the finished thing. I once again installed lasers for the phase cannons. Yes, I know they are coming out of the torpedo launcher openings but there was no other way to get the laser modules to fit. Yes, lasers are dangerous. No, I don't have children in the house. Yes, I keep it safe from my pets. It's located in my second floor office and there are secondary power switches to turn on the lasers, which are powered by batteries. Thanks to Spencer Wolfe for putting those boards together! Way past my skillset. I'm just happy I didn't blow them up soldering everything together! :)

The Aztecs were Lou Dalmaso's set, which were great. I added two more layers to the saucers and custom painted the impulse housings and nacelles since his set doesn't have those.

Some pics of it with the lights out.

1689177188241.png

1689177214095.png

1689177280828.png

1689177296146.png

1689177308949.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back