1/2 studio scale Offworld Blimp - DONE!!

Re: 1/2 studio scale Offworld Blimp - MOVING AHEAD!

Got two of the pieces so far from PCS who do PHENOMENAL WORK, and a nifty flush cut "Japanese saw" on the suggestion of Mike Reis!

L1050802.jpg

Rick, you're coming to WF right? I should have a blimp form to "debut" for the show... I might have to sleep with it to keep people like you and George from plying it from my hands, heh. Of course, as you know, it's just the tip of the iceberg for building this sucker. I'll meet with the photoetch guy there, with any luck, too... and my lighting guy will be there!

Yeah. those Japanese saws are terrific. I have a couple, and I use them all the time.

This is an awesome project, Jason. It'll be great to see both you and the WIP blimp form at this year's `fest.

Hope "Muffin" can make it too.

I'm carpooling with him, so the MUFFIN MAN will be there!

Rick, you're coming to WF right? I should have a blimp form to "debut" for the show... I might have to sleep with it to keep people like you and George from plying it from my hands, heh. Of course, as you know, it's just the tip of the iceberg for building this sucker. I'll meet with the photoetch guy there, with any luck, too... and my lighting guy will be there!

Yes sir! I will definitely be there....crowbar in hand! :love Looking forward to seeing how far you get w/ it before the show...

Jason,

Out of this Frakkin' World! I am so down for a kit - my business needs the blimp to attract new customers (settlers) to our office (OffWorld).

wolff

literally biting nails

iPhone pic - I am now puttying seams and getting everything nice and pretty for the vacformer:

photo.jpg

Man, I love this.

Between your blimp and Randy's Spinner this is shaping up to be a good year for Blade Runner modelers.

Thanks guys!

Rob - you making it to WF this year? I know Gene is being a big baby and can't attend (teehee)

I kid because I love.

But seriously - WF is always better with you around.

Its big lol. Looks like a big Shellfish J. Seriously, this is going to rock with the tech your throwing at it, love to have a blast myself. What thickness are you pulling her in?

lee

Oh god, a photographic record of the Muffin Man™ event!

They're so good, he had to take some to go!

4037697031_6795b00f66_o.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back