1/2 studio scale Offworld Blimp - DONE!!

Re: 1/2 studio scale Offworld Blimp - MOVING AHEAD!

Can we delete this thread? I wish I had never started it.

WHEN THE 3D GUY FINISHES THE FILE, GRATIS, ON HIS OWN TIME, WHICH HE IS KINDLY NOT CHARGING ME FOR, I WILL HAVE AN UPDATE.
:confused

WTF people?!

No pressure! :)

I think it's just that there are a few of us rooting for you, that's all. It's an exciting project!

Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Yeah, the 3-D guy told me he doesn't have a lot of free time because of a full time job and family right now. I think the situation used to be looser when he was freelancing from home. He's a good friend of mine from college. He used to work freelance and have more free time - from what I understand. I was talking to him because I was hoping to work with him on a personal project, but realize now that there are projects ahead of it too.

Looking forward to it in the future Jason!

Thanks guys, it's just frustrating... I'm trying to get movement on this, honest!

Can we delete this thread? I wish I had never started it.

WHEN THE 3D GUY FINISHES THE FILE, GRATIS, ON HIS OWN TIME, WHICH HE IS KINDLY NOT CHARGING ME FOR, I WILL HAVE AN UPDATE.
:confused

WTF people?!

Yeah Moff, relax. There was no pressure meant by merely making sure the thread itself doesn't get buried.

Did someone not have their coffee this morning?

Thanks for understanding. :unsure

Hehehe believe me I've been there too, especially of late! I've got a 3D piece that I need for work but I'm at the mercy of other people to get it done since there aren't enough software licenses to go around. And of course I'm at the bottom of their priority pole. I could get it done here at home, BUT I can't take it out of the building.... darn DoD security protocals!!!!!

No worries man!!!

Just hang in there and keep at it when you can. After looking at what your skills have produced, the wait will be worth it. No need to rush.

BUT I WANT MY BLIMP NOW! (Stamps feet).

I think it's embarrassing for me too, to announce something so badass-grand, only to be completely impotent while waiting for a vital bit of data, LOL.

:$

Ok, Jason...

We are all your friends.

NOBODY is going to hurt you. I promise.

So...Put the Dremel tool down and let those nice people go...ok?

We can have a quite chat about what is bothering you.

(whispers over radio) If the snipers have a shot...TAKE IT.)

Ok, Jason...

We are all your friends.

NOBODY is going to hurt you. I promise.

So...Put the Dremel tool down and let those nice people go...ok?

We can have a quite chat about what is bothering you.

(whispers over radio) If the snipers have a shot...TAKE IT.)

He He He

Jason Don't you dare delete this thread - I don't care how long it takes - I mostly lurk but check this thread anytime it pops up. BTW I'd be interested in a 7-8" casting & photo-etch kit if it ever came up too!

I am beyond excited at what greeted me in my mail box this morning!!!!

brev1.jpg

brev2.jpg

That looks like the worst case of venereal warts ever! ;-)
Seriously back to reality that blimp looks great already!

I can move ahead now! Hope to have shells in hand to take to WF, if it's not crazy-expensive!

Awesome!!! I'm really looking forward to this project. I can already hear that eerie sounding Japanese lady echoing through my studio and then, "A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies........:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Woow:eek this is another exciting project.

All I can help is.... How about the back ground sounds
of Japanese ancient song :lol

can't wait to see the next post.:lol

The song/Japanese voice is actually on iTunes:

ogi no mato (voice biwa)

I have two LCD screens, each capable of playing mpeg files with stereo speakers enclosed. I have the Offworld Ad from the source file (just the narration, which I believe is the same actor as Holden?!), so if you combine that, Ogi No Mato, and maybe a foghorn sound, you can nail the film's presentation. I plan to have one screen play just the narration, and the other to play just the ephemeral music, but locate the each system's speakers on the left and right (as opposed to just one side of the screen) so you get the best spread.

I might add a slight doppler effect to the narration too, to make it sound as if it's broadcasting.

Woow:eek this is another exciting project.

All I can help is.... How about the back ground sounds
of Japanese ancient song :lol

can't wait to see the next post.:lol

The vacform buck is being milled from the file TODAY or TOMORROW!

IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!!

Slight delay, as they adjusted the file to fit the bed - as I type this, Greeblie Gremlin is at the mill!!

blimpmill.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back