1/2 studio scale Offworld Blimp - DONE!!

Re: 1/2 studio scale Offworld Blimp - MOVING AHEAD!

Awesome work, Jason.

Want.

bladerunner.gif

Moffeaton! This thread has now been closed for you have not managed to make any progress on the Blade Runner blimp. We appreciate your effort, but we hope some other modeler will work harder and make better job on recreating this beautiful piece of movie history.

Thank you

Is this guy for real?

Is it a weird language barrier thing that makes his post sound dickish perhaps?

Nick

Moffeaton! This thread has now been closed for you have not managed to make any progress on the Blade Runner blimp. We appreciate your effort, but we hope some other modeler will work harder and make better job on recreating this beautiful piece of movie history.

Thank you
PM sent.

This is the fun part of the job. Can't wait to hear the explanation for this... perhaps an online translation engine playing a practical joke? :lol

Thank you

OH NOES!

Hi Dereck, I am working on it - but don't have anything sexy to post. I have FIVE two foot by 1.5 foot sections of original hand drawn art that was created by the art department from the film's production that I am laboriously redrawing in Illustrator, so that they can be photoetched. Now, this may sound easy, but I'm half-scaling the Tyrell building and the Blimp source art - no small feat, as some of the lines need to be beefed up or re-interpreted to avoid "blowing out". I can only go to .6 on these lines... and it looks like some of them didn't etch on the full scale original photo etches, so you can imagine the logistical nightmare involved. I'm more than half way through though, if that assuages you.

I also have drafted the inner armature that the forms will "ride on", and that the screens will anchor to, so I am currently waiting for the laser cutter to provide me with the parts. I also have recently purchased the brazing tools needed to tack-weld the brass wires that will suspend the gondolas.

My target date for completion has always been May of next year - for Wonderfest and Blade Runner's 30th anniversary. I am still on track. But things like this don't just happen overnight, especially when they are a Christmas-tree-like blob of electronics!

Welcome to the RPF, whomever you are. :lol

Here's a small taste of a photo etch element source film I was given:
etch_sample.jpg

They were hand done with Chartpak tape, Rapidographs, and pattern films... here's a detail of the sample at full res:
etch_sampledetail.jpg

I think they might be stats of the original art, but regardless, note the screen - it's already blown out on the original film! Cool history of the making-of process, but hell on a replica maker ;)

Hellow everybody!

I come back to check on RPF and find 10 comments already. боже мій!! Oh, I'm sorry did not know it will be such big problem. The truth is i follow this tread for 1 year now and look forward wery much to seeing finished model. I just wanted to stir things up a bit. Obviously I did, but sorry if i insulted. I respect work of mr Moffeaton and continue the good work. Sorry again

Not offended at all :)

But yeah... we're in a "nothing to really post about" phase!

Apparently something was lost in the translation...maybe it was funnier in your language.
Cant wait to see this when finished.

This is a project I'm really looking forward to seeing when it's finished. Your work on it has been fantastic Jason!! I love the video you've edited for it. Is this something you're still considering offering in a kit version? My studio is a traditional Japanese type construction and with Blade Runner being one of my all time favorite films, this thing would definitely add some serious "mood" to Shinogi Michi Studio. :love

Chris

It's kind of a half-kit... like a set of parts that you have to do a butt-ton of scratchbuilding on, yeah.... but sure, I'm happy to hook people up!

Moffeaton...You give me all model that you make. You bad person and no deserve your hardest work to display in your home but rather mine. So if you please send me all finish model.

;)

Waittasec, Jason, you've got the Tyrell building buttress screens? And it sounds like you're gonna do something with them? I love the blimp without really wanting one. The T pyramid...that's a different matter! :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back