1:1 Scale Snowspeeder (T-47 Airspeeder) build.

Tail gunner area fix out. Blocked this out with wood and then covered with sheet foam. Most of this will be covered with greeblies.
Very excited about detailing this area out.

1715231370668.jpeg

As to the number of full sized snow speeders made for TESB, if you watch the hangar footage below, from 1:29 until take-off, I think there are 4, possibly 5 speeders:

1) As Luke runs screen left to right in the continuous shot, we see #1 in the back left

2) ...continuous tracking shot as Luke runs BEHIND a foreground speeder (or at least, its cockpit) #2

3) As Luke reaches screen right, he climbs into the foreground (his) speeder #3 (Dak is already in the gunner's seat), and other pilots are boarding the speeder BEHIND Luke #4

4) Quick cut/close up with with Dak's lines "Feeling alright, sir?" and "Right now I feel like I can take on the whole Empire myself!", we see two speeders behind Luke; so #4 seen in the previous shot, and an additional 5th speeder even further back.

As to the number of full sized snow speeders made for TESB, if you watch the hangar footage below, from 1:29 until take-off, I think there are 4, possibly 5 speeders:

1) As Luke runs screen left to right in the continuous shot, we see #1 in the back left

2) ...continuous tracking shot as Luke runs BEHIND a foreground speeder (or at least, its cockpit) #2

3) As Luke reaches screen right, he climbs into the foreground (his) speeder #3 (Dak is already in the gunner's seat), and other pilots are boarding the speeder BEHIND Luke #4

4) Quick cut/close up with with Dak's lines "Feeling alright, sir?" and "Right now I feel like I can take on the whole Empire myself!", we see two speeders behind Luke; so #4 seen in the previous shot, and an additional 5th speeder even further back.

Sound about right. The fifth could be a painted cut out as these were mentioned in Alan Tomkins book, Stars and Wars.

Greeblie time! Not much weathering to do here. Just straight Tamiya colours from the rattle can.
I also found some nice braided plumbing pipe for the pressure valves (gold parts).----> actually i just looked at the prop again. Looks like the pipe is actually that clear hose used on the Vader belt box. The braided pipe need to go on another part.

Going to be a fun weekend.
1715756485123.jpeg
1715756519229.jpeg

As I've said before this is spectacular and absolutely love seeing this come along.:cool:
Just a couple questions though...
Will the grappling gun be functional? and then the real obstacle... how are you going to make the full size AT-AT walker to compliment this?
Standing with the Foot propped up ready to crush the speeder or with the cable wrapped around it and Collapsed on the ground?;)

As I've said before this is spectacular and absolutely love seeing this come along.:cool:
Just a couple questions though...
Will the grappling gun be functional? and then the real obstacle... how are you going to make the full size AT-AT walker to compliment this?
Standing with the Foot propped up ready to crush the speeder or with the cable wrapped around it and Collapsed on the ground?;)
I think the working grapple is definitely step one. Or as Kenobi says, "You've just taken your first steps into a larger....." project.

And test runs on passing traffic would be very exciting. I don't think this point is even debateable. Very exciting, indeed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back