1:1 ROTJ EMPEROR BUST (Cyberman - GINO Project) !!!!!

Re: 1:1 ROTJ EMPEROR BUST (Revealed) !!!!!

Add my voice to the chorus (and my name to the list of WED clay lovin' sculptors!)

Phil, as I've said privately... stunning, stunning work man. I too think you've really done an amazing job of capturing the "stippled latex" texture around the lower part of the face. Absolutely amazing!

Tom

Thanks Tom! You're also a very inspirational guy and a big help to me!

very good, Phil!!! I think you need more confidence in your skills. I´m very sure you already are a "Jedi master sculptur" who doesn´t need a master. Good luck in conatcting Ian!

Danke... I'm trying my best to contact Ian... so lets hope something comes of it:)

Only just seen this. A job well done Phil. Your last 2 sculpts are placed at the top IMO. Keep the teamwork up as it seems to be working well in getting the desired look of the characters.

:eek:sick:love:thumbsup:love :eek:cool
Other than WOW , I don't know what else to say!!
Amazing sculpt, are you sure you didn't just cut his head off and stick it on a stand?:lol
Mark.

wow...I was going to try sculpting one later this year so I could make a mask out off of it...now I might be a little intimidated ;-)
I did yoink your photos so I could use them as reference for when I try my hand at it.
Wait, there is no try, there's do and F up royally...heh

This is quite simply the best Emperor I've seen yet.
Phil's sculpting skills and Gino's art direction make an unstoppable duo.
Incredible work, guys. Bravo!!

I'll second that!

Stunning.

Just incredible, great work guys!

Your sculpting talents obviously know no bounds Phil, that's another masterpiece!

Hope you do manage to contact Ian, and if so see if you can get a photo with him and an Emperor bust side by side. (We'll try to work out which is which! :lol)

Did anyone ever get a picture of your Maul bust with Ray Park? It'd be great to have a pic of each bust with it's actor (if the actor is still accessible, that is)

Theres a little story there... Ray Park had actually seen pics of my Maul bust in its early production and Gino was trying to organise a photo session for to get better reference pics, at the time. Unfortunately, he couldn't be free for that but at least we know he saw it albeit well before it got completed.

Be nice if he to got a completed bust... I know Peter Mayhew has a 1:4scale sculpture I did of Chewbacca:)

Phil

That's still pretty cool. Hopefully things will work out with Ian, he was hands down one of the bright spots of Jedi and the prequels. I'd love to hear his reaction.

Theres a little story there... Ray Park had actually seen pics of my Maul bust in its early production and Gino was trying to organise a photo session for to get better reference pics, at the time. Unfortunately, he couldn't be free for that but at least we know he saw it albeit well before it got completed.

Be nice if he to got a completed bust... I know Peter Mayhew has a 1:4scale sculpture I did of Chewbacca:)

Phil

Do you have some pics of that sculpture Phil?

Heres the fully finished sculpt before going under silicone this weekend:love

emperorcomplete1.jpg

emperorcomplete2.jpg

Can't wait to get the first casting out next week....

Watch this space.

Remarkable.

Always wanted to try my hand at painting an Emperor. Can't wait to see one of these painted.

This is just one of those things that you put in your collection and it becomes one of the items you swear to never part with. I don't own many busts because unfortunately they are always just slightly off to my eye. This is in another class entirely. I would be stoked to have one of these. I can't wait to see your new Yoda as well. That sounds like it's going to be outstanding.

Outstanding skill and craftmanship on display here Phil. Great likeness and brilliant texturing. The silicone version will achieve yet another level of realism.
Mike.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back