1:1 ROTJ EMPEROR BUST (Cyberman - GINO Project) !!!!!

And this pic proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that the fabric we've tracked down c/o my friend, far far away is 100% accurate and our friend Ginos stuff is not the right stuff after all... sorry bud :p

mjom.jpg

Ian getting made-up as the Emperor in ROTJ.. notice the even non linear thread pattern

pykn.jpg

And this is the stuff I'm going to be using which is identical!!!

To think all these years I toiled over getting the right fabric thinking that the stuff Gino and Bjorn used was the most accurate and then this pic shows up and then the right fabric, which is totally different from anything before!! I'm so chuffed. I mean we're not talking about fractions here... The other fabric was WAY to linear - more like a ribbed fabric than a waffle!!

Hey that looks pretty close to the stuff Cloth Ears Costumes used for my Emperor robe... YAY!

20130422_050944_LLS_zps62effa67.jpg

I know this is not your Poppa Palpi bust, just happy my robe looks right :thumbsup

Its good stuff but the waffle pattern looks to large and also it doesn't have the sightly soft fluffy quality of the original fabric. It looks to clean and perfect if you know what I mean :)

Thanks guys... Like I said before, Gino and I had to be sure we could see Iain McDiarmid under the make-up and to honor the feel of the character most so I sculpted a likeness of him first then we re-created the make-up effects to the most detailed level of accuracy possible.

I'm so glad to have seen this thread before settling for a far less screen-accurate fabric ... that is if can ever afford any of your services Cyberman in the future :$

Amazing find and great Palpy sculpt ... keep it up!

Chaim

I'm so glad to have seen this thread before settling for a far less screen-accurate fabric ... that is if can ever afford any of your services Cyberman in the future :$

Amazing find and great Palpy sculpt ... keep it up!

Chaim

If he'll answer your enquiries..

Thanks James, ... still need to save a little more before even getting in touch ... he's quite the sculpter though :)

Chaim

There might be a V2 in the pipeline... ;)

Maybe you should make a grinning Emperor, that would be awesome. But not like Sideshow bust version (what a fail that is...), but like a real ROTJ Palpatine. His specific evil grin is so iconic, and not many companies managed to capture it in their products (to be honest not sure if there was anyone making a perfect Emperor laughing). I think you might be the only person capable of capturing its menacing laugh/grin perfectly.

Emperor laugh 1.jpegEmperor laugh 2.JPGEmperor laugh 3.jpgEmperor laugh 4.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back