1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

As you know I bought a buttload of LED Christmas Lights. As cheap as they were and as "functional" as they were and looked, they just don't deliver or have the same visual impact as much as an actual LED would. I've been looking at flat head LEDs and I think that's the way to move forward. I think these are very sleek and visually appealing.
:)

Ok....I get it. I know what the deal is here. You're just now putting up your Christmas tree and realized where all your lights were.:behave

Last edited:

Ok....I get it. I know what the deal is here. You're just now putting up your Christmas tree and realized where all your lights were.:behave

LOL!!! I gave up with the idea of using a tree this year... I'll just put all the presents under...

20121115_054325.jpg

20121115_054308.jpg

Holy full scale Batman!!

Is this you guys?? ...oops, see that it's been posted already - wow though....awesome!!!

Star Wars fans build full size Millennium Falcon - YouTube

...now....who's going to break the news of the full scope of this project to Munson...lol...

At some point there will have to be a picture of the Mattmobile and the Falcon together on an RPF Christmas card!!

Last edited:

Holy full scale Batman!!

Is this you guys?? ...oops, see that it's been posted already - wow though....awesome!!!

Star Wars fans build full size Millennium Falcon - YouTube

...now....who's going to break the news of the full scope of this project to Munson...lol...

At some point there will have to be a picture of the Mattmobile and the Falcon together on an RPF Christmas card!!

Hi D,

That's us... :)

A Christmas Card? I LIKE IT!

So has the full scale Falcon construction begun yet?

Hi C,

As you already know, the cockpit has started. And Chris Lee has begun work on the radar dish. Alas... no framing yet. Chris Lee and I chatted just last night re: framing and we're looking into s/w along with a few folks with the required experience. Cost is the biggest driver right now.

We can build all the little things - cockpit, nav computer, quad lasers, interior details, etc... but without something to put them in or attach them to... it all seems rather pointless! lol

I believe the site is being prepped for the concrete foundation. :) Hope this helps!

Minor Updates

Got more pin striping done
20121206_100426.jpg

20121206_100440.jpg

Printed and Cut - just wanted to see how it would look. Not sure what the final "greeblie" will look like. :)
20121206_101210.jpg

20121206_101246.jpg

20121206_101611.jpg

20121206_101628.jpg

20121206_101637.jpg

That's really cool to see that video and connect it to you guys here!! Amazing!

I really hope you guys aren't in tornado ally though...calling Geico and filing a damage claim on the Falcon might prove...difficult....

LOL!!

That's really cool to see that video and connect it to you guys here!! Amazing!

I really hope you guys aren't in tornado ally though...calling Geico and filing a damage claim on the Falcon might prove...difficult....

LOL!!

Living in Huntsville... When the tornados came through last April, it passed by about 1/2 mile from the house. It is pretty scary at times...

We could always call "Flo" and see if she could help?

Minor Updates

Got more pin striping done

Printed and Cut - just wanted to see how it would look. Not sure what the final "greeblie" will look like. :)
20121206_101210.jpg

20121206_101637.jpg

heh heh, those look great! I was working from really grainy reference when I designed those ( I had a lot of trouble in Han's corner until recently). I discovered that they should have been more of the assorted-color 1/2" buttons that we see on the back wall and the console itself (the render I posted of the back-lit buttons has a much more accurate version of that panel.)

ESB seems to retain that panel layout pretty closely, but I think makes all the buttons white, with a few illuminated (need to verify that though)

Living in Huntsville... When the tornados came through last April, it passed by about 1/2 mile from the house. It is pretty scary at times...

We could always call "Flo" and see if she could help?

Well, with the surface area of the Falcon...she could very well take flight one day!!! LOL!!

GREAT NEWS!

The switches I ordered... which is the same product number... changed. The thread is different (which isn't much of a big deal) but the actual depth is too short. I have to sand the back of the panel thin enough so the nut catches the threads. UGH...

The other option is to sand the bottom of nut down - that might be a little easier :)

20121206_121356.jpg

20121206_121417.jpg

20121206_121404.jpg

UPDATE: I quickly sanded down one of the nuts - they fit perfectly! Disaster averted! :)

Last edited:

Hi Gang,

What do you think... red or blue? The blue is consistent with the ANH panel. The Red is more consistent with the ESB version. As you know, we're shooting for the ESB.

Ideas?
BlueorRed-1.png

heh heh, those look great! I was working from really grainy reference when I designed those ( I had a lot of trouble in Han's corner until recently). I discovered that they should have been more of the assorted-color 1/2" buttons that we see on the back wall and the console itself (the render I posted of the back-lit buttons has a much more accurate version of that panel.)

ESB seems to retain that panel layout pretty closely, but I think makes all the buttons white, with a few illuminated (need to verify that though)

So its not that design at all? Interesting. I do like what you originall did though. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back