1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi Hang,

Small beveled buttons test
IMAG0087-1.jpg

IMAG0086-1.jpg

I'm thinking they would look best white and blue to match the rest of the console.

Ideas?

Next is drilling larger holes within ALL the metal plates of the door stoppers to accept the LEDs that will back light the lens... here goes nothing! lol

Last edited:

I'm thinking they would look best white and blue to match the rest of the console.

Ideas?

Personally, if there's nothing there in the screen grabs I would leave it empty. If you can't tell go with the beveled buttons white & blue. :thumbsup

The ANH version didn't have anything but I can't tell on the ESB or RotJ version. Like I said, it's so empty - the same for the area below the rocker knobs... so... ???? lol

The ANH version didn't have anything but I can't tell on the ESB or RotJ version. Like I said, it's so empty - the same for the area below the rocker knobs... so... ???? lol

In all honesty, since you're trying so hard to make it SA go with SA and don't put anything there. I think in the end that should be the deciding factor with everything. :thumbsup

In all honesty, since you're trying so hard to make it SA go with SA and don't put anything there. I think in the end that should be the deciding factor with everything. :thumbsup

I decided early on the do a sort of hybrid between the 3 films and of course "make it up as I go"...

Here's a great shot from ANH
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=103718&fullsize=1

ESB
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=107265&fullsize=1

Jedi
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=115088&fullsize=1

Last edited:

This is so awesome. Forgive me if this has already been answered, but do you have room for this to have a permenent home? Is it going into a movie themed basement or man cave?

Hi Gang,

I updated the area next to the monitor surround. I removed the wood greeblies in favor of used radio knobs.

IMAG0088-1.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

More to Come

This is so awesome. Forgive me if this has already been answered, but do you have room for this to have a permenent home? Is it going into a movie themed basement or man cave?

Hi Lanny,

Thanks for the kind words. To be honest... I'm not sure where this "one" is going or what I will do with it when its finished. I don't have a man cave or a display room... But this is the first of two consoles I am building. The second will be closer to the ESB version and will go to Chris Lee and his full scale MF build. Once I really got into this build I began to realize certain mistakes - wood type and thickness, etc. So, I decided to finish this console but use it more as a test for LED wiring, greeblie placement, etc... if that makes sense?

I've debated selling it... but who would want it? ;)

Last edited:

This thing is looking wonderful. I wonder when you will have the seats, and window's and other control stuff done?

What? No updates? Did a giant chicken engage you in a fight over mistaking you as Peter Griffon?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back