1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi Gang...

I got a late start this morning. Anybody who's had cell phone problems knows how impossible it is to get ANY type of support from anybody to include the manufacturer... BUT... all is well...

Anywho... I went to the local hobby store and found this...
IMAG0009_zpsa9602575.jpg

I thought "MAN... that looks familiar... and it just might work..." So... I did this...
IMAG0013_zpsa49c8736.jpg

IMAG0014_zpsb4acafd7.jpg

IMAG0015_zpscbda2239.jpg

IMAG0018_zps568e3fc7.jpg

But then I thought... I really should remake these housing greeblies
IMAG0016_zps4e49eddb.jpg

AND... the 6v wall warts finally arrived. Now I can start soldering! :)
IMAG0020_zps1a02f0d2.jpg

More to come!

A few updates before football...

Comparing designs
IMAG0028_zps2e3e546a.jpg

IMAG0029_zps5bfaded1.jpg

I think it's six in one hand... half dozen in the other...
IMAG0026_zps8889b08d.jpg

IMAG0027_zps14e753b3.jpg

More to come

The prop gods were smiling on you when you spotted this. I love it when you just happen to stumble onto something and the creative light bulb lights up.

things move very quickly bravo, I am a big fan of the Millénnium Falcon
I'm jealous of your work ah !ah!

Best

Caplan.

Last edited:

Wow! What a great read- its great to see such a fantastic build being so well documented and you have such an eye for detailing. I'm very much enjoying this and look forward to future updates and progress. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Gang,

Sorry for the lack of updates... Work has been hectic and haven't had a lot of time to do anything when I finally get home... Hang tight... This weekend will be exciting! I hope...

Hi Gang,

HELP ME OUT HERE! I just received a private message from a "yourpropsonTV" (aka Melissa)asking me to contact her. She claims she works for Reelz Channel and would like to discuss movie/TV props. She left and office number and email. This person only has 3 posts so you can understand my hesitation.

Does anybody have ANY idea who this and/or have they received any similar PMs? I can post the message she left but wanted to talk to community first.

Thanks

Hi Gang,

HELP ME OUT HERE! I just received a private message from a "yourpropsonTV" (aka Melissa)asking me to contact her. She claims she works for Reelz Channel and would like to discuss movie/TV props. She left and office number and email. This person only has 3 posts so you can understand my hesitation.

Does anybody have ANY idea who this and/or have they received any similar PMs? I can post the message she left but wanted to talk to community first.

Thanks

No idea if it's legit but a call to the number couldn't hurt I don't think. Don't let anyone come over and shoot until you're comfortable that they're the real deal though.

Who knows. The reality is that people get contacted here from time to time by producers and such for work. Let's face it....the RPF is a pretty well known entity in this world.

I'd call and see what they have to say.

Gregg

Who knows. The reality is that people get contacted here from time to time by producers and such for work. Let's face it....the RPF is a pretty well known entity in this world.

I'd call and see what they have to say.

Gregg

Agreed. We do this all the time with subjects we want to highlight. However ALWAYS with a company email (not Gmail).

Seems fishy to me.

I agree as well. I'd be tempted to call just to find out....and figure out how I can disprove them :)

That's just it... Its not a GMAIL account. The email ends with "@asylument.com".

Whether its legit or not... I really dont know. I'm certainly not here to offend anybody nor am I resident expert on props. I'm just a guy building something I hope many others will enjoy.

That's just it... Its not a GMAIL account. The email ends with "@asylument.com".

Whether its legit or not... I really dont know. I'm certainly not here to offend anybody nor am I resident expert on props. I'm just a guy building something I hope many others will enjoy.

If that's the case give them a call. We send notes like this all the time and it couldn't hurt to shed some light on the hobby. That said, if at ANY time you feel uncomfortable or unsure tell them you're not interested and leave. :thumbsup

I just did a reverse look up of the number and it appears to be scam. If not, the member will certainly take the time to post a response.

If you want post the note (censored of course) here and folks can give their impression. If the person asking you is legit they shouldn't mind that you're wary and likely expect it. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back