1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

While we wait for updates and more leaked Falcon set photos, I just want to plug SteveStarkiller's amazing work again, in case anyone has not seen it yet... Videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/finfito/videos and still images here: http://deeplyobsessed.blogspot.com/ created with Google SketchUp. Lucasfilm needs to hire this guy.

I want to second this motion. I've worked with some amazing folks over the years but I have never in my life worked with someone that has such an attention to detail! This project would not be where it is today (if at all) without Starkiller! I thank you, my friend!

If the new Falcon doesn't follow SteveStarkiller's dimensions then it will always be just that little bit ' off ' in my books.

They just called to say they love you? They just called to say how much they care? But they didn't mean it from the bottom of their wallet. Unfortunately that's the usual story in design - I have a few similar experiences like that, including my first draft for the exterior of a large cinema that actually got used but with just enough minor adaptations to call it their own lol. All I got was 'no sleep' for a month.

Steve - I would love to hear all about that. My guess they wanted you to have more technical CAD skills to convert your design?

Wow - these pictures are amazing. My guess is someone regarding VII design ventures to this forum. From that picture it looks like they found the correct ejection seats for the NAV seats. Good for them and not an easy task.

My guess is we will see more of the Falcon interior in VII than we ever have. I can see the heroes hanging out inside. Probably fast moving shots following the actors as they walk around.

Now - if we just see IG88, the circle will be complete :)

Those ramp pics got my brain thinking about how to actuate that pressure door. WITHOUT it slamming down the last 6 inches so nobody gets a foot broken.

Hi Gang,

TOTAL FRUSTRATION! I've been trying to set up the files to cut the new center console and SketchUp, as usual, is giving me very different measurements each and almost every time. I've been working for the past 3.5 hours to include having to install SketchUp 3 times... I'm beyond frustrated! I can't get an accurate measurement to create the file for the CNC!

GRRRRRR I officially hate SketchUp! lol

EDIT: I'm never one to give up... but this is truly an epic failure and I'm tossing my hands in the air and walking away from SketchUp. I'm going to work off the physical model from this point forward!

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I'm going to interrupt the picture fest for just a moment with a technique question, me being the novice I am.

I finally have a couple of good models for my printer to chug out for the gun- halves of the muzzle and front cone of the blast chamber (ok, making up names, but anyway) once I get them printed and cleaned up, what would be the best method of setting up molds for them? They have both interior and exterior surfaces I need. I have never molded anything, so we are talking elementary education here. Any suggestions? Feel free to pm me.

Ok, now back to those photos!

Hi Gang,

Another VERY busy non-falcon related weekend. I really need to hunker down. Time is def running out!

I was able to knock out a few more panels and laser cut a few items for another panel...

I love the laser cutter
20140816_222917_zps2ebeb801.jpg

These will be painted black and ???? ;)
20140816_222936_zps69d3bc8c.jpg

Marking the lines for pin stripes
20140817_143017_zpsca028368.jpg

20140817_144639_zps8f4b5680.jpg

20140817_145737_zps67a47ac8.jpg

More lines
20140817_152132_zps57b90b88.jpg

20140817_152136_zps3fe65f1f.jpg

Aligning the extension PS
20140817_160008_zps058a6d48.jpg

Done
20140817_160015_zps46061642.jpg

Started this guy!
20140817_165832_zps2a795c51.jpg

20140817_182001_zps0952868c.jpg

Lots of little dings
20140817_182010_zps2c471d54.jpg

PS pulled the paint
20140817_182023_zps9beb9903.jpg

20140817_182038_zps36680196.jpg

Most of the dings have been fixed... More to Follow!

Last edited:
You're gonna stare at it until it eats at you.

I know... You're right... :facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

It looks to me like there would/should be a panel covering it. Everything appears recessed.

There is a shot from the OT of the main hull next just left of the nav computer where all the pipes and wires run behind an open access panel - that would have made more sense to me. But... I love it either way! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, wow, wow, wow, there's almost too much awesome here for me to absorb it in one sitting! From the continued progress ever closer to a full cockpit, to the new automated quad coming together, to the set photos from VII (and the possibility that we're looking at the same console/cockpit from the Originals!) it's all so exciting that I think I may have sudden health issues! Keep the awesome coming, though, I'll brave through it!

- Master Tej -

I have to sit and catch my breath!

- - - Updated - - -

These new set pics make me want to cry, it's all really real.
Only 16 more months...

This is the toughest part of all!

- - - Updated - - -

It actually doesn't at all. The flat grey area where all the greebles are connected is almost flush with the outermost edge of the white pads that frame the door.

If I remember, the pads are in fact flush with the cockpit panels so it would make sense if these are as well... But in 30 years to think no changes have been made?

- - - Updated - - -

If the new Falcon doesn't follow SteveStarkiller's dimensions then it will always be just that little bit ' off ' in my books.

Starkiller and I have been chatting off line... I think he and I will be picking the new MF set apart piece by piece! I don't want to do that! I want to be able to sit and enjoy the movie... but as deep as we both into the build (more so Starkiller) I know we'll be putting the entire set under a microscope! lol

... From that picture it looks like they found the correct ejection seats for the NAV seats. Good for them and not an easy task...

My guess is that Lucas saved the cockpit and has kept it under wraps. Starkiller's 3D model of the console (which was based on the OT console) was photomatched with both the OT and the leaked images of the ST (sequal trilogy) console and both consoles are a perfect fit! :)

However, Starkiller isn't sure about the Martin Baker ejection seats. He thinks something might be off (unless he's changed his mind?)
- - - Updated - - -

Happy Monday! I love a good Monday morning update! ;)

Hey SB,

Happy Monday! Updates are fun. Especially when we see some actual forward progress!

Last edited:
Well, Uncle George did the right thing by saving the original cockpit! Glad that mystery is now solved. Fun updates, as usual and you (and others) have all of my admiration for your dedication & hard work. It's going to pay...but not now, not yet...almost:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back