1:1 Life-Size FIGHT CLUB Tyler Durden !!!

This might be due to the fact Michael Kaplan (Fight Club Costume Designer) may have altered the jacket in some ways.

I just figured he ripped the tags out. I guess it's not inconceivable that he might have dyed the jacket from brown to red. In my searches I seem to only run across brown leather blazers of that style and era (for men); red leather looks like it was predominantly reserved for women. That might be wrong, but it's certainly what I've observed.

Still one of the rare things to achieve might be the color. It's age (maybe 30 years old or more), fading, dirt and other alerations created a color that's very hard to match.

Well, that... plus, the film used a heavy contrast in lighting (like you said, many of the movie scenes are dark). I think the two artists who make a replica Tyler jacket tried to match the color as shown in the film, if anything to replicate that film look in public. I've seen people make tremendously accurate costumes that actually look wrong in person because colors so often appear dramatically different on film.

xmart said:
And here is the "screen used" fur coat that was worn by Brad Pitt in Fight Club. (I have rest of the outfit too) We'll be doing a second silicone cast with shorter hair and more beaten-up face to go with this costume too.

Screen_Used_Tyler_Durden_Coat_by_xmart.jpg

So you have the red pants too? I was trying to figure out what color they are exactly. In some pictures they seem to be a true red, and in others, they seem to be more of blood red. Can you help with the distinction? Also, they wouldnt happen to be Sansabelt pants would they?

Last edited:
OMG...his work in his gallery is amazing...would LOVE to have the money to comission a full scale Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural..be awesome to sit in my car for car shows. :thumbsup

Here is the actual "screen used" Tyler Durden Red Jacket outfit from my collection that will go with the sculpt. It's directly from the FOX studios, and is "the" one that was hand picked from a second hand store by Brad Pitt himself, and Costume Designer Michael Kaplan.

tylercostumea2jw8.jpg

And here is the "screen used" fur coat that was worn by Brad Pitt in Fight Club. (I have rest of the outfit too) We'll be doing a second silicone cast with shorter hair and more beaten-up face to go with this costume too.

Screen_Used_Tyler_Durden_Coat_by_xmart.jpg
Is that fur jacket from a product line or something custom made?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back