1:1 GRAND MOFF TARKIN Bust by Jordu Schell

As soon as I saw the images, my immediate thought was that this was an industry professional (before seeing the link).

For all the talent we have here on the RPF, few can hold a candle to this level of work...

As soon as I saw the images, my immediate thought was that this was an industry professional (before seeing the link).

For all the talent we have here on the RPF, few can hold a candle to this level of work...

What kind of comment is that?? A lot of folks here also work in the industry :unsure

I've also done a lot of shop tours and trust me, it's not much better out there...

H

Howard S Studios

I'm very very very very very very impressed - I'm so impressed that I'm totally flat - did he really sculpt him? Or just murded and plastinated him? :lol

What kind of comment is that?? A lot of folks here also work in the industry :unsure

I've also done a lot of shop tours and trust me, it's not much better out there...

H

Howard S Studios

Its a very simple and objective comment, Howard.

While we have many highly talented folks here - including, yes, industry pros - not many posess this level of talent.

Dana can come close to painting this well. Your sculpts rank high, especially your silicon work. The Dullam-Causey work is clearly up there. And a few others, sure...

But my statement is accurate. You can't argue the fact that the vast majority of us - even those that sculpt and paint as a primary outlet - are not quite at this level.

Think about it... If we saw this quality of work every day, the response of this thread would not be what it is.

This shouldn't come across as offensive, by any means. If an aritst here takes offense to my comments (especially considering the level of work this revolves around), then I apologize; they shouldn't...

Last edited:
The best (on every level) I've ever seen.
I would love to see a development vid too - just to see the concentration on his face, his methods, and basically be presented with just a glimpse into the mind of a true artistic genius.

I'm not offended... I didn't think the comment was directed towards me :D

I just didn't get the 'industry' comment? I think with all the talent on this board, the stuff that the FX shops come out with falls short most of the time. I've seen some of the 'screen used' stuff stuff that gets sold and most of it is crap.

I really think that Jordu's pieces stand on their own level... he also had people help him with this and it shows. I think the hair work alone which was done from someone else is amazing all on it's own. Besides, he also gets help with molding and casting, etc... Most of the stuff on this board is 'solo' work, which is more involved and takes a ton more effort. Don't take that comment the wrong way, Jordu's skills are on another planet, but I really wish I could focus only on sculpting and not on the rest of the process.

I would say that the fabrication portion is about 75% of the over all silicone portrait.

H

Howard S Studios

I think we are, in a roundabout way, on the same page.

It think what you are saying about using his full resources (and the resources of a professional, no less!), is what I saw that generated the comment that it comes across as a "pro job".

And totally - if some of our on-board artists had similar resources at their disposal, the "bar" would definitley be raised.

That's cheap.!

I know it sounds expensive to the average bust collector but what you are seeing here is art, made by a world famous ( in industry standards) artist.

If you saw this in an art gallery, I guarrentte you the piece would be much more.

You can contact Madame tuessauds and they will make to a custom figure and install it for you for the reasonable sum of £150000 so when you compare that to $10000 ( about £6500), it helps put things in perspective.

now we are talking about real prices that resembles the actual work that go into portraits of this quality!

What I like about this is, as a silicone bust maker myself ( altho a relativley new one), it's very easy to post work here and take in all the great comments and think to yourself " yep, I'm great, I'm at the top of my game because the rpf says so". The i find myself coasting through my next piece of work because I'm not trying.
Then you see something like this and it makes to realise there are levels you are no where near and it knock the chip right off your shoulder and gives you something to strive for again.

What I like about this is, as a silicone bust maker myself ( altho a relativley new one), it's very easy to post work here and take in all the great comments and think to yourself " yep, I'm great, I'm at the top of my game because the rpf says so". The i find myself coasting through my next piece of work because I'm not trying.
Then you see something like this and it makes to realise there are levels you are no where near and it knock the chip right off your shoulder and gives you something to strive for again.

LOL thats percisely why I posed this thread... to show us on here what we need to aim for:thumbsup

Wow...thats just unreal. Literally. Pure eye candy. I think fettster said it perfectly - this is what keeps us on our toes striving to be as good as we possibly can.

Amazing.

I would love to see his interpretation of Emperor Palpatine...

I just had to show you guys this bust by Jordu Schell... I'm not sure if hes a member on here but hes done such an amazing job on this he deserves a mention.

20915210150217688695992.jpg

tarkinclose.jpg

If you want to know more about his work heres his website ;)

Schell Sculpture Studio

Amazing.

I would love to see his interpretation of Emperor Palpatine...

Yeah, I'm sure he'd do a killer job on Palpatine...but I also can't help but think that Palpy has been done at least 2-3 times, right?

What I love about Tarkin is he's kind of an obscure character, it makes this bust appeal to me even more.

I really hope Jordu starts to offer some more mainstream 1:1 silicone (or even latex) busts in the future, he's got a real talent! One problem is that his level of detail is so crazy high that it pushes the price up on his busts. Oh well. :)

Of course, just my 2 cents

brad

I just.... I..... I cant believe my eyes :O

What technique is this?, this is just amazing,this is by far thr best, most real bust ive ever seen.

I want one.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back