Vigo the Carpatian

AZspidey

I know it has been discussed here before, but does anyone have a high resolution version of the painting? I would like to have it made for a friends house warming gift.

I've got a low-res picture; I'll see how big I can get it. Probably not too big.

If anyone does have a better picture, I'd love to have a copy as well. I hear the original was at one point hanging in a hallway at the Letterman Digital Arts center in SF, no idea if it's still there or not.

Yeah...I think I need one of these in the office...just so when people come in and say what's that? I can shout "He is Vigo, you are like the buzzing of flies to him"!:lol

Seriously, I hope some one plans on doing a print...please.
mike

I'll give this a shot and see what I can do. My progress so far is looking really nice.

My question now is, how much cleaning up do we want done? There's some crackling of the original oil canvas showing, and some weathering that I'm not sure how much detail I can restore to. What are peoples' preferences?

Last edited:
I love how it looks in tht photo there! Decently clean, but witha bit of 'basement art house grime'
Since it was getting cleaned in the film . . .why not leave it as is???

I was able to fix the perspective of the one image. Im just gonna try and clean it up a little bit tomorrow at work.

I believe Hotshot hit the nail on the head. I've decided that I'm going to try to reduce the glare on the sides from the flash, and slightly touch up some of the weathering, but will leave most of it as is, as that's rather the point of the poster in the movie too, having it restored.

[Edit: I won't be doing a run of these, a better alternative has surfaced. :)]

Last edited:
Then, I will upscale it to probably 300dpi and have it printed on the same high-quality photo poster stock that I did the Watchmen Sally Jupiter poster on. The price will likely be around $50 for a 2' x 3' poster, so watch the Junkyard. :) I do have the ability to print it larger, but a) it will cost more, and b) I need to test the upscaling quality before I commit to a larger size.[/quote]

I may want bigger...depending on price and quality..."Slides are available in the gift shop!"
Keep up the good work! Let's make this happen:thumbsup

mike

Well I took a wack at it and squared up the pic and cleaned it up a bit. Not my best work, but hey, it free ;)

thomas;)

vigothecarpatiana.jpg

Well I took a wack at it and squared up the pic and cleaned it up a bit. Not my best work, but hey, it free ;)

thomas;)

"On a mountain of skulls, in a castle of pain,
I sat on a throne of blood.
What was, will be; what is, will be no more.
Now is the season of evil.
I, Vigo, the Scourge of Carpathia, the Sorrow of Moldavia - - - COMMAND YOU."

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back