Vader Helmet Color Template

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Wouldn't want to clog up the reference cd topic when discussing this piece. Here is a scaled scan of the final picture - will be much higher resolution.

Much better quality than the shoddy webcam shot I posted earlier... though... will get to work on the various differences between the three OT helmets tomorrow... and work out the top part of the facemask drawing... and will do a mock-up of the 3 OT paint schemes, as I remember them off the top of my head... which will also be done tomorrow and posted here ASAP for revision and suggestions.

Comments appreciated.

Nice. If you get this done right, it'll be a fantastic reference for years to come. Looking forward to seeing the patterns.

-RAJ :D

Dang, I knew there was a topic I meant to get started last week. Now I remember what it was :lol

This should be immensely helpful for when the time comes.

-Fred

In and of itself, that's a really nice rendering of the ANH helmet.... :thumbsup

Looking forward to seeing the "color" versions :).

Thanks guys.

Following drawings posted for review, comments and suggestions, before finalizing them. Still without paint scheme added.

Still fighting with how to do the color scheme on the helmets, so that it'll look good, instead of just simple - as you've guessed... I'm an A** at using PhotoShop. Will post mock-up paint schemes soon... and if anyone has any interest in transferring those established by discussion to the final high-res versions of the drawings, more fancily than I can do, then please PM me and your name will be on the drawings as shading artist or whatever it's called. :lol

I'll see what I can come up with.

Some quick, sloppy mock-up versions of the two-tone paint scheme patterns on the three helmets. Now is the time to discuss the paint scheme. :)

Remember, the final versions will be higher resolution and a lot better. :angel

EDIT: Added a new RotJ mock-up version. Now they appear as I know the paint schemes. Suggestions, revisions, etc. appreciated. :thumbsup

Any 3-D or PhotoShop artists out there who could be interested in giving these drawings a 3-dimensional shaped, shaded paint-scheme rather than the simple, flat black and white I can hope to accomplish? I really feel this project should become the best it could be, as the templates may be around for a long time, and not simply limited by my lack of abilities to make them as great looking as I think they could and should be.

I'm sad to say that I unfortunately cannot do it myself, but offer the high-res scans freely to anyone who might be interested at taking a stab at this for the sake of the community and future Vader costumers and collectors. (Yeah, I know... a bit cheesy and overly melodramatic... but hey... we like that, don't we.?) :angel

Also... still looking for suggestions, revisions, comments, etc. regarding the mock-up paint schemes I posted in the previous post. Are they accurate to the way the real ones were painted, as far as can be established?

This looks great so far fantastic idea No Humor Man.

Are you going to do a chest and shoulder armour one as well? That would be very nice indeed.

Keep up the good work

Cheers Chris.

<div class='quotetop'>(voice in the crowd @ Jul 18 2006, 11:06 PM) [snapback]1283334[/snapback]</div>
This looks great so far fantastic idea No Humor Man.
Are you going to do a chest and shoulder armour one as well? That would be very nice indeed.
Keep up the good work
Cheers Chris.
[/b]

Thanks for the kind words - all of you.

My only interest has so far been in the helmets. I have begun to know them really well, yet, there is still so much I need to learn and look forward to learn about these amazing props and pieces of art and beauty.

As for doing templates of the armor, I would have to say: no, I don't think I will do that. I have not studied the armor or any of the other parts of the Vader outfit, so I don't think I would be able to do it any justice in terms of accuracy and detail. I will leave that op to other talented and interested artists who may have been inspired by my project to make the most accurate armor color template available for the Vader Reference Disk and the community as a whole.

Those look terrific....very cool reference.

I'll suggest a change for ANH...the base of the right cheek front face...that section next to the side of the mouth...that's actually silver, not black...shown here in red (a bit too thick but you get the idea)...

anh.jpg

High-res scans have been passed on to Cantina_Dude atm... he will make revisions to the drawings to make them more accurate and will try to do the paint job as well, so let's see how that turns out. From what I've seen of the revisions he had in mind it looks to be even more accurate than I could make them... was unable to find good reference of the RotJ dome mount system, for instance... but I think it's going to be great.

If Cantina_Dude decides only do add the revisions to the drawings and not do the paint scheme, then I would definitely be interested in passing the scans on to Neon Sentry. I'm very impressed with what you did with that shading.

Good luck... and now... after a long day... good night as well. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(Neon Sentry @ Jul 19 2006, 01:39 AM) [snapback]1283445[/snapback]</div>
I can do some Photoshop mockups of the color schemes. Just a quick job right here of the ROTJ...

ROTJVaderTest786.jpg

[/b]
Oh... just noticed... the paint scheme looks reversed... or is the lighter grey areas supposed to be the black parts - inverted colors? :confused

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back