Vader cheek mark (c-scar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

encased

I Believe it is possible to talk about this without actually arguing and name calling. I for one would like to discuss like civil people. I have sided with no one so I am unbiased. I'm just trying to get more info for my personal tastes, not to bash anyone who I might disagree with. That's of no concern to me if your opinion differs.

VP helmet comp:

Screen used ANH helmet:

TM casting during restoration:

Inside of Rick Baker mold:

Possible start line of extra material covering cheek on TM?:

Last edited:
You should ask the staff instead of just making the thread.

I am going to side with no.

No it isn't possible.

It is TOTALLY possible for the members of each Vader party to talk amongst themselves but when you mix 2 or 3 different camps...

Did you actually read the other thread? :lol

Yes, of course I read it. It had good info. I just wanted to get all the pics in one spot and labeled so the rest of us could see them all together. I was just trying to see if those folks would reply with permission for me to re-post those pictures in post #1.

I do think it's possible to have a calm conversation if the we really try to keep ourselves in check and think before we type.

No angry typing please.

I think that anything said in the spirit of friendship and sharing knowledge will simply get spun as an attack against eFX or attempts out of "jealousy" to undermine Gino. That being said, open discussion will be done on The Prop Den where people can decide for themselves. I've prepared a hi-res comparison image or two already.

You might try PMing the people who have the info you seek. Like I said, most all these guys can be helpful when you aren't facing the mob mentality. Just use this rule of thumb, if someone gives you information, and what they say doesn't match with what they are showing, they are probably full of crap. Then just move on to the next guy. If you are wanting to speak with guys that actually have or have seen in person a TM helmet, talk to the TM guys. If you want to talk to someone who has or has painted an SL, talk to the them directly. Same for all the various helmet owners. If you want information about the eFX, I suggest talking to Bryan himself. He is one of the most helpful professionals in the hobby today and you can take that to the bank. :)

I can answer most questions you have about DJ and SL helmets having painted some of them. I have seen a TM in person, but am in no way an expert.....except where that C scar is concerned. Darth Karo is your best bet on the TM helmet. He's one of these guys that never brag, never makes you feel small for asking a question, he just is the kind of guy who will give you a superb education in short order. I had the distinct pleasure of meeting him at CV along with several other propsters and it was quite the honor and learning experience. :)

Peace,

Dave

Is it possible to talk about this without actually arguing and name calling?

Nope. Not possible.

Doesn't mean you can't glean bits of useful info along the way, but at the end of the day, no, you can't have a Vader thread without it getting ugly... pretty much the same thing with stormtroopers.

The one thing you will get at the RPF that you don't see anywhere else is two sides to the story. At virtually any other venue, you are going to get dogma and little else, so as long as you agree with the majority, you will do well at those sites, if you disagree, prepare to be ostracized.

That's exactly why I wanted this thread here. I'm still looking for permissions to re-host the pics. So if some are yours out there, please PM me so i can start adding them to post #1. I'd rather not clutter this thread up before it even starts.

Thank you.

Taking all the pics out of context may not be the best thing. Someone might come here looking for info and all they get is a bunch of pics with no idea what they are. I just wish we could argue. It's the only time pics got posted.

Details are details. I don't need a descriptions on TK parts or need to know why they are posted. I just want the visual aid. The same as wanting the Visual aid of Vader pics.

Taking all the pics out of context may not be the best thing. Someone might come here looking for info and all they get is a bunch of pics with no idea what they are. I just wish we could argue. It's the only time pics got posted.

I agree with you, but there must be another way to organize pics along with thoughts.

and they don't want us talking politics :lol

Seriously..more arguments come from prop discussions than politics. :)

I do have to apologize..the EFX thread was not the place for such heated debate. When someone presents something as absolute fact, temper flare, Mac's thread is a great place to gain some knowledge and make up your mind for yourself..

No offense to Mac at all as there is good info in that thread but it does already come off as slightly biased (hopefully unintentional). It's hard to type about something without your own feelings showing through, I know.

C'mon guys. Give me permission for the pics so I can get them up as i don't want to get slammed for putting them up on my own.

So, let me get this straight...a few of the Denners have played a huge part in the previous thread being locked down. So instead of putting information where a LARGER body of people will see it, you want the new people here to join there?

I am a member there, but as I count Gino as an acquaintance, (Along with one or two Denners) some folks see that as an issue. To say there is a bias there is entirely fair and honest.

I find myself shaking my head at the fact that the same people claiming such civility at the Prop Den are the same ones who basically let their personal feelings for Gino derail the EFX thead.. If THEY leave their personal issues at the door and if the admins allow it, I don't see why we can't hold this discussion here on the RPF..

Edit: Changed it back ;)

Last edited:
and they don't want us talking politics :lol

Seriously..more arguments come from prop discussions than politics. :)

Yes, but prop discussions are relevant to the purpose of the site and even though prop discussions can get ridiculous, there are often nuggets of useful information to be gained. There is nothing to be gained for a political debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back