Vader cheek mark (c-scar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finally reached my limit with this thread and will not even be reading it, much less participating in it anymore. I have not learned anything knew about the Vader helmet in these threads excpect that 2 different molds were made at different times and that no one agrees on what is screen accurate. So, why even bother anymore. I bought what I think is a great helmet and no one is going to convince me otherwise, even if they keep saying that is not what they are trying to do.

I know, it sounds like someone who is going to take their ball and go home. But, since I don't claim to be a so called expert and I just responding to what people have written in the 2 EFX thats, that isn't the case.

I'm just tired of people who say something and then 5, 10 or 100 posts later claim they never said or that someone else said it or that they don't have an ulterior motive for what they keep doing.

So is the scar on it or not lol...sorry. Im trying to learn more about Vader by looking at threads like this and end up more confused, Im sure if Gino put up a pic of a raw casting from EFX and the scar was not there this crap would still go on and on and on.

SL_comp2.jpg

Nuff said.

Yup, proof that it is there albeit much less so than on the TM.

So...
RB mold = faint trace of it showing after premold work done which spawned a very nice EFX, SL, DJ and others to be named later.

UK mold = the proof will come eventually one way or the other.

Conclusion:
None perfect to be sure with each having little faults, but all of these pieces are fantastic and should be lauded.

Disclosure:
I am a SL and TM owner, and I'd be more than happy to own what EFX has shown us, but alas I could not swing the green this time.

Last word:
I'm not usually in these nit-picking threads (life's too short) and I feel a bit dirty posting here but I have to say, one thing I have come away with on this thread is how one sided the moderation of this forum is, it really stands out and it is a shame. It sullies the RPF experience. Not sure if it is agenda driven, personality driven or just being bias unaware, but it is noticeable. On the "other boards" there is bashing of one variety or the other and that is poor form, but a least the moderation is even. I don't know anyone involved on either side other than what I read or an occasional brief note so my comments are my own and are not intended as a defense of anyone, just observational.

Okay, really last word:
I also have a point to make about not disseminating information that was contractually agreed to between whomever, be it me, Gino or anyone. If you agree to terms, you stick to it, it's called integrity. I have made agreements with people that turned out to be less than stellar individuals, but I still honor my word (as hard as it may be). My fellow TM and SL owners need to take a look at themselves and have the understanding it takes to see Gino's point regarding this stance and Gino needs to reciprocate and have the same respect. If there is time given to any of these questions, the answers will out themselves eventually, but to claim "fact" without enough information is foolhardy at best (talking to both sides here). Investigate, pick nits, by all means, but above all enjoy the quest and try to be as civil as possible.

BTW, I don't plan on a back and forth regarding any of my comments so please take them at face value and move on. So no snide remarks, 'cause I won't play. :p

I'm going to go take a shower now.

Doug

All 3 of those look different to me.

I would love to see all 4 in person.

Till then obviously nothing relevant is going to come from this.

I think wannabe's few statements are the closest thing to a nice way to end this.

Be he right or wrong.

Let's lock this thread down. I happen to like ol defstar (name cracks me up everytime!)

Let's just drop it for now. I don't want others getting banned and EVERYDAY heats up a degree more.

This thread is the RPFs weakest link.

Goodbye.

:lol

Last edited:
It's amazing how a thread has carried on for this long with such a shortage of actual images. I've posted hi-res pics of the C-scar already on The Prop Den, which tells me this really isn't about the C-scar but rather it's about ego - i.e. who is right, who cannot possibly be wrong, and who cannot be corrected by other people.

Creating doubt for what purpose? Let's be frank here. I skimmed through the last several pages of this thread and see a lot of pro-dimensional opinion being twisted and insinuated as an attack against the eFX by people who want to basically politicize and demonize the opposition. That's poor form. Some TM and SL owners are future eFX customers. Yet nobody stops to consider this.

The C-scar is something TM owners have known for 3 years and have kept very quiet on for the past 3 years. We didn't go around beating people over the head, saying, "My helmet is derived from untainted original production pieces.... " And we suddenly made up the C-scar? Yet nobody stops to consider this.

Gino had said there needed to be cleanup, as the majority of SW fans don't know of the textural details, flaws, etc. and although some of us uber-geeks would have liked for it to not be cleaned up, it was necessary and understandable. So whether or not a C-scar was removed (even though we know the tabs are not part of the RB mold) by no means diminishes the value of the eFX, yet any discussion is considered an attack on eFX. If it ever had it, it's not on the eFX; if it never had it, it's still not going to be on the eFX. People have already accepted this. Yet nobody stops to consider this.

The TM and SL owners who are awaiting the eFX and understand what it is aren't out to attack the helmet. And why's that? Imagine a TM owner pairing the eFX dome with a TM mask. Instant ANH, baby. Yet nobody stops to consider this.

I'm sick of this demonization of TM and SL owners. For the record, we don't have issue with the eFX. We are not jealous of the eFX helmet. Hell, I want one, but some people got to buy two - and the thought that they'd troop in one while keeping one for posterity is not a pretty thought. My only gripe against eFX is they didn't say "Limit 1 per customer". I'm a huge fan of the RB mold. I love the look of the helmets it gave birth to.

Are we "jealous"? Well, let's see. According to Gino, we have so much money invested so we have something to protect. Again, read my comment on having a good ANH dome. The TM faceplate may be ANH configuration but the dome is still ESB. Don't forget that although the TM is categorically ESB, many of us are hardcore ANH fans and are still in search of the ultimate ANH helmet (aren't we all?) If the eFX is it, then its a huge boost, and one major step towards the journey's end. Yet nobody stops to consider this.

And regardless of whether the C-scar existed or not, there are still marvelous paintbrush stroke details, drips, tabs, etc. on the TM to enjoy. The "jealousy" card is overplayed. And remember, it can play BOTH ways and not just against TM/SL owners.

I told an admin that my posts had been ridiculed and evil intent insinuated of my character. He has to ask to tell him which posts, and yet the same admin tracks with fine, focused granularity the posts by one who is trying to post out of intellectual pursuit, yet dogs that user for "trolling".

So consider this. This really hasn't been about the C-scar. Nor is it about the eFX. It's about who is top dog.

Gino, we concede. You are top dog. Woof.

P.S. Someone once taught me: it's more difficult to disprove something than it is to prove something. To disprove something, you have to eliminate all possibilities that the subject might be true. You have to eliminate the possibility that there is no scar in the UK mold. But no fan here has seen the UK mold. And the burden of proof is on the one who is trying to disprove things.

:cheers great post. fact.

:cheers great post. fact.

Problem is.. if the burden of proof falls on those who need to disprove something...

It falls the other way.

Gino started a thread about the eFX. NOT bashing other fan castings.

Others came in and said their personal castings were BETTER.

So how does that fall on Gino to prove anything?

You guys came with a differing oppinion.

I myself REALLY want to see the truth no matter which way it falls.

So far I just don't see it.

And posting stuff on the prop den means NOTHING. POST IT HERE!!! :unsure

Of course your winning in your personal playground! I'm not even a member! Not a member of SWpropaganda either so don't even go there.

You have only proven things to people who were ALREADY on your side!!! (IF ANYONE has been swayed to their side who before believed otherwise I would love to see it. If you own one of their castings it does NOT count)

Saying you have the proof but can't share it? Isn't that what you guys used to yell at Gino for?

This thread is as useless as utters on a boar.

The theme song for this thread would have to be "round n round" by RATT.

:sick

Ken, just to correct you, nobody claims their helmet is better than the eFX in every respect. They do, however claim theirs may be just as good. Each RB helmet has it's positives and it's negatives. eFX included. Some helmets have this screen detail better than others, some have that one. Whether one is better or worse than another helmet overall is strictly up to the guy who is buying it, not you or me. I have my own opinion which is the best of the best. That is all strictly opinion. Just because someone else goes all crybaby when your opinion doesn't match his or hers............well that won't change your opinion in the slightest. Each side have shown what they believe is necessary to make specific points, and now folks have made their minds up. Go ahead and keep berating them for having a differing opinion. Or use a different approach and agree to disagree politely.

Opinion does not equal Fact. Ever!!!! Facts are indisputable. Opinions reserve the right to change. Live and let live. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back