Thought on these mold pics?

I think we’re in danger of hypothecating up our own arse-holes here. The face buck in the above photo is clearly NOT the 1976 mould, but then its also clearly NOT the SDS Stunt or Hero Mould (whether they are or aren’t the same thing).

So someone needs to email AA the pic and simply ask him what it is. However I’m certainly not going to do it :lol

Cheers

Jez

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Jez, someone needs to ask AA what the pics of those molds are and then post his response here.

The webmaster seemed pretty adamant that they were THE molds. He repeated it quite a few times, "THE molds THE molds. I got to handle THE molds".

THE molds :lol

So it's pretty clear he was told by AA that they were THE molds. Which isn't true. But he said it anyway.

And the legs on the wall are ROTJ replica pieces, so....:rolleyes

But be sure to ask, I'm certain you will get an honest reply, every bit as honest as the webmaster got. :)

Jax is correct. The armor hanging on the wall as well as the armor AA makes is ROTJ recast. Which is funny because TE's first suits were ROTJ copies and he started offering them about 10 years ago. AA had nothing to do with the ROTJ suits because by that time everything was done in-house.

Frankly that is a silly argument and also illurates you dont know what the source of the original RotJ armour was!

We're not discussing the armour here, we're talking about the helmet and whether it is the original 1976 moulds (or even the bucks AA's is using for the Stunt of Hero helmets if they are not one and the same thing)

1) We're agreed that they Cant be the original 1976 moulds - since have glaring differences from what we would expect (such as a lack of repair evidence from the reduced undercut, lack of higher brow detailing etc.)

2) We're agreed that they cant be the current Stunt Moulds - since again they have glaring differences from the helmets many of us have in our hands

Hence it can only be a cutting buck or the Battle Spec Moulds or some more recent production buck...

or else this whole thing has been a complete sham (and yes I know there have been many here who've been saying this from the start)

The simple solution is for someone to send AA the pic and ask him. Dependant on the answer we'll know precisely the score

(waits for some smug answer from the "please don't retire TE (again) appreciation society") :lol

Cheers

Jez

I disagree. You bet your boots that the touring fan asked a million questions and got the answers needed to caption his pictures. The statements have been made.
JJ

How could anyone not know what the original source of the ROTJ armor is???

The point is that AA is peddling ROTJ armor which he had no hand in producing for the film. Why would you expect a legitimate answer from an obvious sham like AA? Good luck with your quest for truth guys.

I didn't know that there was an appreciation society for TE. Was Gino the founder?

I'm Mr Laws and there's no reason to get bent out of shape. We're all friends here and we can poke fun at each other from time to time. This is Star Wars baby!

Not going to comment on the molds as i have no idea if they are original but it's quite believable that he would have reference photo's to work from when assembling the pieces.
I mean as far as anyone knows he hadn't built one for 20 odd years before he started producing them for sale so pictures would certainly be a help when it comes to position of the ears and face etc

You would think that after assembling a number of helmets he wouldn't need reference pics anymore. I watched TE (Matt) assemble helmets & armor without any reference pics. I figured the so called 'original mould maker' would have this stuff burned in his head, even after 20 years. Even so, after making these for about a year, he would have no reason to have reference pics for any of the helmets, unless he really didn't know how to put them all together...

Never thought I'd say it, but Jax is right.

There is no sense in discussing anything further until we get a solid word back from AA.

Um, could it be that the reference pix are for someone other than AA himself assembling the armor, like, employees for instance?

Trying to be generous, here.

Rick

How could anyone not know what the original source of the ROTJ armor is???

The point is that AA is peddling ROTJ armor which he had no hand in producing for the film. Why would you expect a legitimate answer from an obvious sham like AA? Good luck with your quest for truth guys.

I didn't know that there was an appreciation society for TE. Was Gino the founder?

Not sure of the point to this one is, but if AA made the trooper Armour for ANH and RotJ is just recast ANH armour then I suppose he feels he has some ownership there

As far as reference pics, given the way he kept slanting that nose forward on the trooper helmets I'd say he needed them :lol Seriously though - why would any non fan remember a job they'd done 30 years previously :wacko

"Matt doesnt need photographs" - Maybe he could show us all how he does it when he comes out of retirement, again, and again, and again, and again:lol

Cheers

Jez

I think there's a possibility that AA has copied his moulds so that he can make more than one helmet at a time.
After everything I still think that AA may have the original helmet moulds but they've been 'fettled' so much they're a mere shadow of their former selves.
Unless AA answers that the moulds pictured are copies I don't think we'll really ever know what the story is...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back