su-preme...be-ing...of...thaa...UU...NIII...VERSSE!!! (Dalek builds x 7...8...10?!?)

Nwerke

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Look what my friend and I picked up today! Hell of a start on an NSD project, eh?

Tragically, my 3yo says "I don't like the big robot!!", lol.

Too bad, kid. :lol

Last edited:
Re: supreme...be-ing...of...thaaa...UU...NIII...VERSSSE!!!!

As soon as i saw the title, i heard that shrill voice in my head, and knew it could only be a dalek! Nicely done! And tell your kid, that's what couches are for....hiding from Daleks!

Heh. Once I have castings made and pilotable, I'm sure that'll be true.

I'm hyped about this. It's a nearly complete set of moulds for a glass Eccleston NSD. They're made by Dan, a mate from work, who had also built a gorgeous black and silver OSD. Sadly he has since moved to a smaller place and as he already has two buildups out of the moulds in progress, he decided he needed to clear out the moulds themselves. So my friend Doug (who kindly provided the trailer to shift them) and I are going to see if we can take a couple of decent sets of pulls out of them.

My eyes almost bugged out of my head when I saw the quality of these things. They're incredibly nicely done. No rough glass anywhere, nicely finished surfaces all round, approx 5mm to 7mm thick and dead even everywhere. So far I've only found one small void under the gelcoat, and that's under an edge on the head buck (a couple of bucks were included) - which hardly matters since we won't be using it.

Danny has details like the eye and vertical collar strakes in progress but not moulded yet, so we'll possibly get use of those after he's done. I strongly doubt I can produce pulls as beautiful as Danny's, but we'll see!

Those things are hideous. Thank god for Terry Nation's estate saying 'aw hellz no' to RTD's push to redesign them in 2005 - at least we got five years of a really nice, honest, straightforward and acceptable Dalek design update.

If not for that we might have had Smarties Daleks from Day 1!

I spent this afternoon cleaning up the moulds and leftover castings and getting them ready for storage. When the hot weather quits I'll have a stab at casting from them. Quite a few of the bump moulds already have gelcoat in them, and one of the head moulds had a complete head that had never been trimmed or removed! I cracked the mould and it came out without trouble; unfortunately the gelcoat hadn't adhered well and the head would need quite a bit of bondo, but it's certainly usable. Awesome.

Gelcoat resin and glass is ready, when do we start?

Haven't you finished one yet? Julien has built half a droid in about four days!!!!! Pull ya finger out man.

LOL, I am SLOOOOOW....Muzza, come around on the weekend and we'll pitch in!

Have you worked out the square metre required ?
I think 900grams of glass should be thick enough 1 x 300 1 x 600gram glass

Ack, no, not yet. I think we're probably looking at the range of 5 m2 per layer, though. I think just the skirt might exceed a couple of m2 on its own.

I'm speaking with Danny again before the end of the week so I'll pick his brains.

P.S. two layers sounds good to me. The fewer the better. Kinda hate laying up glass! :lol

Ask Danny about the base or frame wood of a steel frame / Aliumium.

Ok just ordered 40 L of resin and a roll 100 m of glass mat......if were gonna conquer the world, we may need a few daleks.

That's a very nice set of moulds you've got there. Interesting that the skirt mould is split at the front and rear, all the ones I've seen split in between panels 3 and 4. Have you got any ideas for a colour scheme and is this going to be for trundling about in or as a static prop? If you're going to take it to events, make sure you make that fender really strong - kids just love standing on that bit and trying to climb up the hemis.

Have fun with your build.

Ya gotta love those sincere boyish smiles! :thumbsup

I need to turn in my card though, I thought you were talking about this "supreme being" from Time Bandits.

time_bandits.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back