Sliders Timer Electronics

evlares

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
this is the bare board, now to deliver it to my buddy, the electronics genius. He tells me that he can replicate all the functions ...dont worry, all info will be shared with all. Tim
ebay001.jpg

ebay002.jpg

Last edited:
Bump, just wondering how these are coming?
I have to repair the phone housing first, my electronics bud needs the whole thing, to make sure everything fits in it. the botton corners of ther phone were damaged when i got it...I tried to repair it with epoxy, but it wont stick to the plastic...anyone have any idea what to use? Tim

Re: Sliders Timer Electronics WIP

electronics bud refuses to touch it till the case is finished...so more work in progress pics. Tim
ebay004.jpg

ebay003.jpg

Sweet work on the black box, what's it made of? Are you thinking of making a couple bodies for sale "wink wink"

the black box is a hammond 1591 project box, its ABS...but sorry, i only had one micro tac lite phone to use. If you want something similar, you can get a motorola 550 off of ebay for about 10 dollars (theres a bunch of them) Tim :)

the black box is a hammond 1591 project box, its ABS...but sorry, i only had one micro tac lite phone to use. If you want something similar, you can get a motorola 550 off of ebay for about 10 dollars (theres a bunch of them) Tim :)

Do you get any further with this project?

Would you know the dimensions of that Hammond box (in mm preferably but inches is OK)? I was thinking it looked like it came from a box about 100mm x 50mm x 20mm (4" x 2" x .8"). The 1591 seems to be a whole series of boxes. We don't have that brand here but I'm sure there's some other brand that is exactly the same.

I've had the phone laying around for ages to do this, along with the displays but just not had the chance. Fortunately found a phone with batteries and a charging cradle.

Last edited:
This Timer is my Holy Grail and this thread is one of several on here that I stalked before joining. I have an orginal phone (given to me by my grandmother as she always pawns off old electronics to me 'cause she knows I like "fiddlin' with that stuff." lol). I've been hoping for a good electronics schematic drawing or, even better, an electronics kit. ;)

oh man, this is my HOLY GRAIL prop lol. i remember going to the 99 cent store and buying loads of cheap calculators and boxes to make my own crappy version lol.

I would so love one of these timers. Does anyone still make them? I wonder how far a long this project has gotten. its been a year so far since the photos. :)

HHhhhh :-(

Everything I've done (research, reference vids, accurate Timer functions list, paper Timer, etc) and released to enyone who wanted this info I've never had anything in return. Every forum and site about our favorite prop is full of promises that never happen. The main thing everyone is waiting for...the electronics! As said earlier this bit is the holy grail of Timer building but no one ever gets it done and if anyone has, like that Don Colie guy on MySpace, they never give us anything to work on our own with, no plans or even a full working prop even if we offer the asking price! Many of us give up and a couple of years later interest peaks again but it's the same routine.

If anyone has any info on casing material or electronics could you please share? Kits or components, free or even for sale. May I suggest we have a definative thread for all info. I'm actually getting to the point of hiring a technician to build my electronics because I can't wait any longer and it would be so easy, hehe.

HHhhhh :-(

Everything I've done (research, reference vids, accurate Timer functions list, paper Timer, etc) and released to enyone who wanted this info I've never had anything in return. Every forum and site about our favorite prop is full of promises that never happen. The main thing everyone is waiting for...the electronics! As said earlier this bit is the holy grail of Timer building but no one ever gets it done and if anyone has, like that Don Colie guy on MySpace, they never give us anything to work on our own with, no plans or even a full working prop even if we offer the asking price! Many of us give up and a couple of years later interest peaks again but it's the same routine.

If anyone has any info on casing material or electronics could you please share? Kits or components, free or even for sale. May I suggest we have a definative thread for all info. I'm actually getting to the point of hiring a technician to build my electronics because I can't wait any longer and it would be so easy, hehe.

I'm on board! :love I'd love to get some timer electronics as the build, outside of the electronics, looks fairly straight-forward. My phone is not the Micro T-A-C Ultra Lite but one that is very similar so I personally could not provide accurate castings. I'm sure someone here could cast up some copies of the phone shells.

I was toying with the idea of using some readily available countdown timer modules but I have not been able to find one with 6-8 digits (all of the one's I have found have been 4 digits). Check out one of the 4 digit modules here.

- Karl

I was toying with the idea of using some readily available countdown timer modules but I have not been able to find one with 6-8 digits (all of the one's I have found have been 4 digits). Check out one of the 4 digit modules here.

- Karl

You don't want the LED modules connected like that. You need to have them in 3 pairs of 2 with normal round LEDs mounted in a : in between them.

In the pictures at the top of this thread there's no colons between the number groups at all, that I can see.

If you are going for screen-accurate at least...

Rik

Well, I tell you what, I am trying to program PIC chips and might want to take up the challenge with the electronics. All I need are the LED sequence and animations and I'll try to replicate it.

What's the catch? If it works, and IF everything is A-OK, I will release all the electronics research and maybe do a run on the circuit boards.

OK, OK, the catch is, depends on my ability to juggle family life, new work and RPF.

(Those who knows me, knows my project delivery time is anything from 2 weeks to 2 years :lol).

You don't want the LED modules connected like that. You need to have them in 3 pairs of 2 with normal round LEDs mounted in a : in between them.

In the pictures at the top of this thread there's no colons between the number groups at all, that I can see.

If you are going for screen-accurate at least...

Rik

Very true. I was just stretching as this seemed to be *my* only way of getting the electronic together. :p

Well, I tell you what, I am trying to program PIC chips and might want to take up the challenge with the electronics. All I need are the LED sequence and animations and I'll try to replicate it.

What's the catch? If it works, and IF everything is A-OK, I will release all the electronics research and maybe do a run on the circuit boards.

OK, OK, the catch is, depends on my ability to juggle family life, new work and RPF.

(Those who knows me, knows my project delivery time is anything from 2 weeks to 2 years :lol).

Well, count me as hopeful and "on the list." :love

Here are couple of info sources:
http://www.dimensionofcontinuity.com/otimerp.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/nt/xslider13/originaltimer.html

Of course, Thermal is on the RPF and maybe he'd be willing to share some info with us? :)

- Karl

Man, I've wanted a Sliders Timer for ages. Unfortunately, I always wanted one that had cool electronics and animations; my interest couldn't be sustained with just static props. A working Sliders Timer would be sweet and I would be on-board!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back