Shapeways parts to mod CO Sonic Screwdrivers?

TickTockMan

Hello, folks. I've spent some time browsing Shapeways and noticed that there's a vast variety of Sonic Screwdriver parts, especially for the Eccleston/Tennant and Smith eras. What I'm trying to find out is if any of these parts would be compatible with the CO toys. In particular, I'd like to replace the hollowed-out emitter prongs on my 11th Doctor's Sonic with solid ones. There are options on Shapeways to get individual prongs, as well as the assemblies to which the prongs are attached. I'm sure some of these parts have been designed by members here, so I'm just throwing the question out: Are any of the Shapeways sonic parts to the right scale for modding the CO toys?

I have also used Shapeways to prototype designs and whilst they are good- sometimes parts are just slightly off - especially when you've provided detailed designs and accurate measurements - we on this forum are striving to get replicas that are as accurate as the real filming props. The CO toys are good, the designs on Shapeways are better - but- 'you do pay your money and takes your choice' as some designers are better than others - use the forum posts to check and you'll need to double check any you do get, against the toy, I myself have used the CO toys as 'donor's' the internals going (after some modification) into new external 'shells' designed and prototyped by me.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back