Prometheus: flashlights, knives and other found items

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I figured the flashlights seen in the trailers so far, were found items.

QuickTime-PlayerScreenSnapz057.jpg

And sure enough I googled up a match! Ultrafire 18WG-T60

P1120465.jpg

About $30 online.

prom-flashlight02.jpg

prom-flashlight03.jpg

k

Last edited:
Re: Prometheus flashlight found item

Thats great, thanks Karl. Unlike SRS to have such an easily attainable prop in his canvas but it is fairly cool lookin. Got something for the cabinet now, congrats on the first found item.

It was pointed out on Propsummit that the flashlight that David has in the closeup where he's looking at the moving objects, appears to have a ribbed rim on it.

For my pics I removed a screw-off rim that the flashlight comes with

sku_91090_1.jpg

I don't know if a different piece is attached on the prop flashlights, or perhaps they are a different model or brand entirely. Caveat emptor.

k

And is this knife featured prominently in "Prometheus" somewhere? :confused

And is this knife featured prominently in "Prometheus" somewhere? :confused

Only on all of their suits. I have no idea yet if they actually 'use' them or if they simply stay on the left side of their belts the entire time. There's a decent shot on Fifield where Rafe Spall and Sean Harris are standing outside one of the vehicles in a on-set pic in the Empire magazine. I'll see if I can find a good shot of it online, but yeah.. they all wear them.

And there it is.

knife2.jpg

It looks different here tho... or is that the back.

knife.jpg

Noomi's looks like it has the hub knocked out of it..

knife3.jpg

Last edited:

Noomi's may be different, it's on a different suit as well and hers is always worn backwards and is mounted on a knob of sorts. Don't know if it's the same as the other ones, but this seems to match.

also, the lower pic of Fif, it is backwards and appears to be upside down haha

Phase, nice find btw, that's the pic and it's a great shot :D

Last edited:
Re: Prometheus flashlights and other found items

He must have put it back in a hurry, after a scene of furious knife-wielding action! :eek

"Let us fight the acid-blooded monsters with our three-inch pocketknives!" :lol

He must have put it back in a hurry, after a scene of furious knife-wielding action! :eek

:lol maybe they thought '"cut it off!!' .. With what? All the tech in the world and nice to know they still use a good old pocket knife :)

Anyway if everybody's wearing a knife on their spacesuit in a Ridley Scott film, I'd guess that at some point somebody is going to use one. :lol

Meanwhile, getting back to flashlights for a minute, I figured out the mystery of that different-looking rim on the lamp end of the prop flashlight (as opposed to the petaled end of the Ultrafire)...

it seems if you take off that petaled end rim... the lens will fall out! :lol

So either they ground down the rim, or replaced it with a different part... something to keep the lens from falling out.

(or I got the wrong flashlight... :confused)

sku_91090_1.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back