Outland badge

I made resin versions.

marshal.jpg

Yes, but I don't think I can share them - a member here kindly sent me some close-up pictures of a real metal Outland Marshal badge given to him by Sir Sean Connery. :)

I know my badges are pretty accurate replicas, although if I made a master again I'd probably do the text slightly differently.
:)

There is another version on ebay, which is OK, but not very accurate, as far as I know apart from the real badges, no-one has made a metal version of it.

What sort of price point do you think would be reasonable , £30-40

Thing is - it's not just casting in metal, to look 'right' you'd need to plate the gold parts and enamel the blue areas. It would probably be too expensive to get it done in the UK, £30-£40 would probably cover getting a small run made in China with a little profit. :)

Can't see it would be worthwhile or viable unless someone made 25 or so. :unsure
If it helps, I'll take a couple. :D

Blad's resin badge is lovely -- I've got both versions -- but there's something about metal that's so... well, metallic! :p

i will have to check, but it looks like i have a copy of an original. Bought it here 5-6 years ago, one of my first props.

[EDIT], either a very accurate replica or a copy of an original i think
props2.jpg

Last edited:
Well you can recast mine in metal if you want!

If your badge is cast from 'production-made' it's in that really annoying grey area isn't it? Recasting a screen-used prop is fair-game, recasting a second-generation screen-used prop isn't. Do we have any Prop Police on the board to provide a ruling?

Well you can recast mine in metal if you want!

If your badge is cast from 'production-made' it's in that really annoying grey area isn't it? Recasting a screen-used prop is fair-game, recasting a second-generation screen-used prop isn't. Do we have any Prop Police on the board to provide a ruling?

Blad
How did you cast yours, was it from a screen used prop or was it built from scratch ? I only ask because if you built it from scratch then re-casting yours (with your permission) would be OK :)
and then I could have 1 :rolleyes

Blad
How did you cast yours, was it from a screen used prop or was it built from scratch ? I only ask because if you built it from scratch then re-casting yours (with your permission) would be OK :)
and then I could have 1 :rolleyes
I think this is precisely why Blad suggested it. :love

Blad's badge was created, I believe, entirely from scratch, based primarily on photographic references. I'm sure he'll be along presently with more details, but in the meantime:

RPF Prop Forum: How to F'up a perfectly good styrene master

RPF Prop Forum: Outland Marshal's Badge

Thanks Gary! :)

Yep mine's built from scratch (twice!) and if anyone wants to recast in metal that would be perfectly fine with me. I have about 100 other badges & emblems I've made as well and any are available if someone wants to produce them in metal.

Wow! That's extraordinarily generous, Charlie!

Blad's created a lot of terrific badges in resin. If anyone out there has the ability to cast them in metal, you might like to ask Blad for his master list...

Then be sure to let the rest of us know what metal badges you'll be making available.
1074.gif
:lol

Was watching this on eBay a couple of weeks ago, but it was taken down for some reason.

Glad I saved the pics! :):thumbsup

Metal Outland Deputy Badge:
417143182_o.jpg

417143141_o.jpg

417143111_o.jpg

417143078_o.jpg

417143035_o.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back