"Nostromo" pistol

Awesome, and I mean, AWESOME, paint job Eric!! :thumbsup

The kit might be a fantastic kit but Man you did a beautiful job building and painting it!

Prometheus ALIEN Movie Re: "Nostromo" pistol

I took Shawn Morgans Nostromo Pistol to work and mounted it next to my work station. After seeing the Prometheus (ALIEN Prequal) TRAILER - I had to bring it back home and do some touch up paint - heck I might do a whole repaint - I NEVER got the result as some of the guys in this post. People at work handled it so much - It looked like it went into space and back.

I almost forgot what a darn FINE Prop Pistol the NOSTROMO pistol was.

You have to see it to believe it !! :love:love:love:love:love

Shawn - Your going to have to follow up the Nostromo Pistol with the Prometheus Weapons. They are blasting away in the movie trailer. :love

Prometheus - Official Trailer [TRUE HD] - YouTube

Last edited:
Harada, have you seen Shawn's newest version of this pistol?
I know he put some pics up over on Propsummit a while back.
He's really outdone himself and if my budget allows, I'd really like to pick one up!

I saw Shawn over the Holidays and he showed me some pics of the real-world pistol that was used for the Prometheus weapons... they're incredibly expensive guns, but it would be an easy enough scratchbuild for him (which he *is* contemplating). The guy has "many irons in the fire" at the moment though, so who knows when - or if - he'll get around to it...

I saw Shawn over the Holidays and he showed me some pics of the real-world pistol that was used for the Prometheus weapons... they're incredibly expensive guns, but it would be an easy enough scratchbuild for him (which he *is* contemplating). The guy has "many irons in the fire" at the moment though, so who knows when - or if - he'll get around to it...

We can only hope that Shawn takes up the PROJECT !!!

I rewatched the 1979 ALIEN Workprint version. It actually shows the Nostromo pistol in a scene where Cain first discovers the Alien Eggs. When he sees the movement - he unholsters the pistol over the egg. It was cut from the final version. The Workprint has a lot more scenes that were later edited or recut. Some portions don't have the sound effects or background music added. The landing sequence only has sounds of the film crew using numatic pumps to shake the set. Some portions have someone with a bull horn providing direction and computer voice over.

I wish the scene in which ASH tries to kill Ripley - they used the "Nostromo pistol" :love to shoot ASH to pieces. The gun was there laying on the table the whole scene. Lambert could have grabbed it and blasted ASH while the others fought him. All she does during the entire film is cry, whimper, run, and die. Put some fight in her. :cry - "I am so scared of the bad ALIEN .... All I can do is .... is .... :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry (LAMBERT). :behave

Anyone have any pics of the Real World Guns the Prometheus Weapons are based on :confused

Anyone have any pics of the Prometheus weapons :confused :love

Shawn ? You out there? Are you stepping up to the task? :love

The NOSTROMO pistol is one of my favorite props in my collection. Thanks Shawn :love.

That kind of flattery make me blush. Thank you, all.

Yes, I am very much in the process of working out the best approach for a PROMETHEUS pistol. Tim is correct (and this is assuming I'm correct in identifying the pistol seen in the trailer), the real weapon is not inexpensive, though it's not as much as I originally believed. I admit I'd love to make a companion piece of sorts to the A L I E N nostromo pistol, so it'll happen one way or another, though it's a little odd to be talking about a prop from a film that's still months away from being released. lol

The shot of Kane with pistol in the Egg chamber is in Ridley's "final cut" of ALIEN that was released a few years ago. That cut puts the Dallas/Brett "coccooning" sequence back into the film as well.

The correct font for the lettering is Futura Demibold. If anybody finds it in rubdown transfers, they gotta gimme some. :D

rexim-favor-lettering-futura.jpg

Karl

Karl, I have a couple of sheets :-D
Got them in a big lot of dry transfer sheets.

Shawn - you have always been and continue to be one of the best pattern makers AND casters on the board - I never tire of seeing this stuff!

Though this is wayyyy off topic, I've always wondered, if they had access to these pistols, why didn't they use them to chase the alien? Why make the huge bulky flamethrowers?
Three words: Acid for Blood. One tiny cut on a facehugger went through three decks. Just imagine what a bullet hole would do on a full-sized specimen. Not to mention the possibility of missing the creature and blowing a hole in the hull. Once they left the atmosphere of LV-426, it's unlikely they even considered the use of firearms.

Most people don't even realize that they had any weapons at all, unless they're paying attention to the scene just before they leave the ship, when Dallas says "better break out the weapons".

Still, very cool prop. Should be interesting to see what they do with Prometheus in terms of props. Right now I'm following just about every Alien-universe thread very closely.. hehe.

Thank you very much, Jason. You're too kind! I would also love to know where I could get some of the exact transfer lettering. I have one that's so close for nearly every letter, but the "O"s are actually oval than complete circles...

According to the Internet Movie Firearms Database, the Prometheus pistol is a Walther GSP : Walther GSP - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games & https://www.google.com/search?q=pro...38,d.b2I&fp=15ef31df321cb3d6&biw=1600&bih=728

If you assume that the Nostromo pistol is a laser, then you would certainly not want to shoot an Alien. Anti-personal lasers are designed to have a frequency that would cause a steam explosion for maximum damage and trauma. Acid blood is not water, but I imagine, that as a liquid, it would still turn to steam. With very nasty results.

David.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back