OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: New blaster family members-UPDATE 11042011

My current problem is, that I´m running out of display space :unsure
The "blaster wall" is already overcrowded and I have to find an alternative way to display my blasters/ rifles.

Right now I´m thinking about how to rearrange the display, maybe one or two new panels for the DL44´s only, so I´d have more space for the rifles and stuff!?
OR putting the rifles (Endor, IG88, Hoth) on a separate rack besides of my BFG display...hm, decisions, decisions ;)

Any ideas ladies and gentlemen?

Markus

C´mon guys, give that man Reputation Points for those masterpieces!!!

Michael

I don´t even know what this rep point hype is all about, but hell yeah...give them to me :lol

Markus

Thanks man :)

Right now I´m in the process of refining some of my recent builds with more accurate parts. This includes adding delrin pistons to my ROTJ blasters as well as the VD Endor rifle, plus attaching the "rear scopes" finally :) Don´t think I´ll be able to manage this today, but hopefully within the next week.

new pics to come :)

Markus

Hey all

Since I´m running out of display space, I have to re-arrange my displays...

I decided to put all my recent and future DL44´s in the glass cabinet to make room for my new blaster rifles (Endor, Hoth, IG88...) to be put on the "blaster-wall".

Since I didn´t find any display stands for my C96 based blasters, I decided to make my own. Attached you´ll find a pic of my DL44´s in their new home. The acrylic stands were a royal PITA to make :lol

What do you guys think...fail or success?

DSCF6130.jpg

Markus

I like those stands. Not only do they look good but also a great angle to show off the blaster and also allow for for best use of space.

Simple yet extremely effective stand design. I like it.
The orderly display is great also.

So I guess it´s time to get some more material to make stands for the other blasters I want to get off the wall and into the cabinet, such as:

- 2 variations of the Hoth rebel pistol (AR7 based)
- Ponda Paba blaster
- Relby cloud city blaster
- ANH/ ROTJ DDCD

This would mean, that I´ll have to put pretty much all my sabers in the smaller cabinet, which Yoda is standing on currently. Otherwise I wouldn´t have enough display space for the blasters...
Attached is an old pic of the setup with 2 large and 1 smaller cabinet. Do you think I should swap the small for a third large one? This would only have one additional shelf, but they are higher, thus better for displaying stuff IMHO

Need some suggestions please!

mainwall090926.jpg

Markus

You know, I had no idea there were variations on the Han ROTJ blaster. Every time I think I know more or less everything about OT props one of you sharp-eyed and talented folks hits me with a surprise. Anyway, great new blasters man. That MR is a beautiful upgrade.

You know, I had no idea there were variations on the Han ROTJ blaster. Every time I think I know more or less everything about OT props one of you sharp-eyed and talented folks hits me with a surprise. Anyway, great new blasters man. That MR is a beautiful upgrade.

Are you referring to the MR ANH EE?
If so...this was upgraded with a real, accurate H&W scope and a steel flashhider. :)

So, what should I do?
Upgrade with a third large cabinet or just rearrange the existing ones :confused

Markus

That Sev looks like who would show up if someone ordered a stripper dressed as a RC. :lol ;)

That Zam rifle is sweet. I don't remember seeing it before. Did you build it?

That Sev looks like who would show up if someone ordered a stripper dressed as a RC. :lol ;)

That Zam rifle is sweet. I don't remember seeing it before. Did you build it?

That half-naked SEV is not on display anymore, it´s stored away in the basement, waiting for its new home ;)
But maybe I should reconsider this and use this armor to build up a new business..."SW geek stripper! Hire one of the most favourite computer game character to spice up your bacheloress party :lol"

The Zam rifle was built by me, yes.
Denix Kentucky Flintlock rifle, dressed up with parts from a run over at TDH.

Markus

Thanks man :)

Since I was running out of space on my blaster wall, I decided to put even more of the smaller guns on my acrylic stands, followed by re-arranging my wall ...AGAIN :lol

Here are some WIP-shots of my displays (not all props found their final destination yet :wacko. Glass of the cabinets reflects too much, but it´s bright day atm, will take better ones later)

DSCF6141.jpg

DSCF6142.jpg

DSCF6143.jpg

DSCF6144.jpg

DSCF6145.jpg

Better (even if still crowded :unsure)???

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back