Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Well that old spare parts stuff sure makes sense. I get it now. Thanks!
About the worn paint, I know that, but I think they overdid it a little.

Well, since we are showing off V2/and V3 sabers...
102_4964.jpg

Modular Hilt System based from The Custom Saber Shop
Crystal Focus Sabercore V.4.31
Green Seoul P4 LED
Accurate lever and activation card from Pastor Jedi

102_5692.jpg

Modular Hilt System based from The Custom Saber Shop
Ultrasound 2.5
Blue Seoul P4 LED (because the original color of Luke's saber in the Revenge of The Jedi Trailer is BLUE!)
Accurate lever and activation card from Pastor Jedi

:cool

Last edited:
Opening up this thread again, I'd like to add my 2 cents, or ideas

Looking at the (amazing) pics above, It looks like the "Shared Stunt" was given a new paint job to look like the Close Up on the left AND the newer stunt saber used out in the desert. The pics with Luke resting his chin on the prop look a lot like the shared one above, except it has precise even grip rings. The shared stunt is notably uneven, but they share the black beveled shoulder, suggesting the Shared Stunt was used (or the master) to make the newer one. Someone said earlier (not sure who) that the Desert scenes were filmed later, after the Duel, and a new stunt was made in between. It's paint job, I believe set the standards for the "hero" pattern we all know and love. (and they loved so much they re-painted an old prop)

Lets remember this was a b budget movie, with a haphazard prop department. This resulted in many copies and quick decisions when it came to these things.

my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I have the MR V2, I still think it's incredibly cool. One of my favorite MR items. The detail on mine is excellent. I'm glad I got the signature edition.

hate to necro post, but the Shared stunt used to be painted black as well. So what was used for fighting in the final duel in the death star? (very silver emitter) what was used in behind the scenes practice for esb?

hate to necro post, but the Shared stunt used to be painted black as well. So what was used for fighting in the final duel in the death star? (very silver emitter) what was used in behind the scenes practice for esb?

The V3 was used in the Death Star battle as far as I know. The V2 was on set, although I am pretty sure it was a a static prop during ROTJ whilst the V3, the Yuma stunt and their various "brothers" were the actual dueling stunt sabers.

The V2 was actually used by both Mark Hamill and Bob Anderson during the ESB rehearsals (there are many pics on here showing both of them with it).

Speaking of V2's...

This was from a run done by Acerocket and LDM. It is the MKVI. It is the closet accurate, thin necked Luke ROTJ that has been done to date that can hold light and sound. They were originally made to be Hero's but some folks like me had them weathered for a V2. I did the electronic install and it has Plecterlabs Petit Crouton 2.0 soundboard with Madcow's "Hero" font and a very bright LEDengine 10 watt green main LED. The gold circuit card is by Slothfurnace and the D-ring, cone knob and accurate lever are all by Pastor Jedi.

Last edited:
What the hell it is a 7 year old thread might as well keep it going. Anyone identify where the clamp release came from on the V2 and stunt, it is definitely longer than a graflex?

If you mean the V2, honestly nobody knows. It isn't in the archives as far as anyone knows - there was a rumor that it was given to Mark Hamil after filming wrapped.

In reference to Scottjua's photo...

You know, that looks a lot like and old lever to a clamp I had on a scooter I had as a kid.

I think I'm gonna have to rummage through the ol' garage.

In reference to Scottjua's photo...

You know, that looks a lot like and old lever to a clamp I had on a scooter I had as a kid.

I think I'm gonna have to rummage through the ol' garage.

You're not alone, Razr Scooters in the 90s had levers like that too. I feel like I've seen a fire extinguisher like that too I think...or a lever on a bicycle, like to adjust the seat

Looking at it now, it looks smaller than levers seen on bikes and larger industrial things. Perhaps an older version of clamping levers?

new-stainless-steel-clamping-levers-with-eccentrical-cam-P377899.jpg

ELESA2053.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back