Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Anyone have pics of the one that was on EBAY? Im curious if it resembles one I recently got to see that was sent to us from ILM.
It looks like the one in the INDY Book,....the clean one top photo.

Here it is...
The pics and the Auction was from Elstree Studios.

lukecompny0.jpg

Yes the one that Shot out of his head....someone said it was on EBAY.

Last edited:
Bottom Gray one is from ILM. Top one is a copy of it.

Sand the KNOB off the emitter, and its the same saber as the one auctioned. I know someone who saw that SCENE SHOT..and he said they had to have fired 12- 15 sabers out of R2. That's how many takes the scenes took. Was it one saber? Who knows. I doubt it. Resin isnt exactly too durable. The one in the screen cap even looks damaged. Wonder if the EMITTER KNOB was taken off so it would FIT in the DROID!

ILMsJEDI.jpg

Last edited:
WOOPS!

I should have added,

NO IM NOT CURRENTLY SELLING ANYTHING.

:unsure

An RPF member recast something I sold previously. So for now I'll refrain from sharing. Sorry!

I have had several people write me asking WHERE it came from, if its the one from EBAY.

Sorry for the confusion.

The Gray saber was not bought of EBAY. It was a gift to someone from someone else that worked at ILM. I do not own it. I just got to....borrow it for a bit.

Well, the first image I posted of my V.2 was taken using my scanner (which caused some warping in the image)/ Here' are some recent pics taken with a camera -

IMG_1315web.jpg

IMG_1313web.jpg

DS

I saw a photo of the V2 in the recent Star Wars magazine and you can see the clamp lever pretty good. It's in the Obi Wan section

FB

I was looking at the V2 pics from the MR party and decided to redo part of mine to make it more accurate.

I tried to take the screw out of the pommel area but it was actually glued in place and broke off when I forced it.

Today I went over to a friend of mines shop and he helped me drill the old screw out. I found a fillister screw and modified it to fit the photos. I had to sand the top flat and file the sides down smooth.

The top Left 2 pics are the MR version, the rest are mine. You can see the broken screw pic also.

screw-1.jpg

FB

Last edited:
Ha! Funny you should ask, I just made this image. I used a belt sander for the top and used a file for the sides. I put the screw in a power drill then used the file on it. I think I could have made it a little smaller but I'm happy with it for now.

screw01.jpg

FB

Last edited:
where did you get those screws Frank?

Frank has left the building! But Franz is willing to help out! :lol

There's a local fastener shop in town. I went there and the lady showed me what they had. She said a Cheese Head is also similar. The CH didn't have a high enough profile though.

I can get the exact specs of the screw if you need it.

Frank

that'd be great, or if you have an extra to sell:) send it my way. I've had little to no luck finding one on my last few outings to local hardware shops..

Well, MR's V2 is now up for pre-order.

But looking at this passage from the "prop story"...

"For the fighting scenes, a newly machined, but more simplified look-alike version of the above lightsaber was created with a removable blade. A cleaned up version of this lightsaber was used for the close-up insert shot when Darth Vader comments on Luke constructing a new lightsaber. This became known as the “hero” version of the prop because it was featured so prominently in a close-up. The “Version Two” of the prop was altered in post-production to look more like the “hero” lightsaber, possibly in interest of continuity.

Master Replicas engineers modeled this faithful replica directly from measurements taken from the surviving prop, and recreated the look from the movie with the help of extensive photographic reference materials supplied from the Lucasfilm Ltd. Archives. "

...it seems af if MR is saying that the Ben/Luke shared stunt saber is actually the cleaned up V2!!!!

If true, this is a major revelation! Did I somehow miss out on it up until now? Was this previously discussed somewhere?

Is this actually true, or did MR just make a factual error when writing the description, somehow?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back