Lifesize Star Wars collection showoff thread

Wow! :eek

Very nice Vader costume, Jedi Wars! :thumbsup I especially like how the 'fit' of the costume seems to better emulate Dave Prowse's build, compared to a lot of folks who put an excellent Vader costume onto a stock shop mannequin, and the whole illusion is shattered.
The bodysuit looks filled out in the torso area - I'm guessing you've padded the mannequin a lil' bit?

But.... if you want the costume to really look like the screenused original, then you need to wear it for a couple of nice long 'troops'. Your costume looks too pristine! LOL
... like Vader's just got his outfit back from the dry-cleaners! :lol

eBay.... you seek eBay....
Do a search for " DARTH VADER PAPER GICLEE Jerry Vanderstelt" and 150 bucks later, you too can have a nice print like Jedi Wars'. :D
Darn it, I should be on comission :lol

Cheers,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah I have to agree with you, nothing worse then a skinny Vader. :lol. My friend did a good job on the mannequin, he even gave it a small gut and it is very tall. I will have to get some pics of me or my son standing next to it.

I also like the clean pristine look which is why I got the ROTJ Vader but I'm sure once he is covered in dust and dog hair he won't look that pristine anymore. :cry

Well I actually had a friend of mine put most of the costume together (he is a Star Wars fanatic). He even did the custom mannequin for me. I'm not sure where he got all the parts and stuff but I think he makes some of them.
I mostly put it together and I'm not even sure if I got it 100% right. I had trouble getting the cod piece and belt to stay up and the helmet to sit right. I'm no Star Wars costume expert.

Pretty nice costume for a non-expert.:lol
Would you mind asking your friend what helmet he used for this display...would be very interested:)

Pretty nice costume for a non-expert.:lol
Would you mind asking your friend what helmet he used for this display...would be very interested:)

Why, is the helmet an accurate one or not very accurate? I've been on the Prop Den before and you guys get into some very interesting discussions about Vader helmets. I'm no expert on helmets but my friend is (or at least he is pretty knowlege about Star Wars stuff) which is why I had him build this for me. I do know that he like to keep his stuff pretty close to the vest.

No the helmet looks good. Its just that there arent many really accurate Jedi helmets out there so i would like to know what helmet this is. Your friend did a really good job and you have a display you can be really proud of.

Well I actually had a friend of mine put most of the costume together (he is a Star Wars fanatic). He even did the custom mannequin for me. I'm not sure where he got all the parts and stuff but I think he makes some of them.
I mostly put it together and I'm not even sure if I got it 100% right. I had trouble getting the cod piece and belt to stay up and the helmet to sit right. I'm no Star Wars costume expert.

Okay, thanks for the response. :)

Bump for a great thread....a year ago I had no life size Star Wars pieces but I'm now happy to report I have 4 completed . I have yet to find/make some mannequin to display them on but here is the list:

Stormtrooper ANH
Boussh
BikerScout
ARF Animated Trooper

fanexpo023.jpg

Still working on a palpatine display but that will be some time yet.

misc027.jpg

Any help / tips on cheap ez to do mannequins or display methods.....

I'll post images if/when they become complete...

Very nice Boussh

Tell us more ....

Many thanks, the helmet and armor are Dark Shadow's creations and the soft goods were done by one of our Garrison members (talented). We still have the pants to complete once we find appropriate leather, but still looks good none the less. The other displays I have yet to find suitable mannequins to display them properly on. I may just have to build some. (thoughts?)

And wow I love that Taun Taun! great job, what's it made of?

That Taun Taun is just the best- put that on the lawn at hallowen and scare the life out of people- haha. great collections- I wish I had the money & the space :-(

you guys make me sick, you all have wonderful collections, someday ill have at least one, keep the pictures coming guys

you guys make me sick, you all have wonderful collections, someday ill have at least one, keep the pictures coming guys

I tell you what Lando, not 1 yr ago I had no star wars props. I now have 4 full 1:1 costume replicas and just can't seem to stop (my wallet begs to differ). I bet in the next year you have yourself AT LEAST 1 costume ready to go.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back