L2A3 Sterling parts blueprints required

natty15d

Hi

Does anyone here have a set of blueprints for a L2A3 Sterling.

I need to make a 1/4 scale version for a project im working on

thanks
Nathan

Last edited by a moderator:
pity 1/4....there are 1/6 l2a3 over ebay at very cheap prices.
machinegun_2.JPG

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

i bought both version (Furuta and RMC), waiting them :)

The BBC ones are great but if you want the real deal...

Google up "Chilean Sterling Blueprint"

And the 1/6 scale guns are incredible, I have a few RMC ones laying around no complaints...

Last edited:
I sent it in a zip file to everyone that PM'd me with an email address. Even Zipped it was pretty big. If it did not make it to you guys let me know and I'll chunk it up inot smller files and resend.

Jedi Dade

finally got the email to open, those are exactly what i was after and will be a great help

thanks
Nathan

Last edited:
OK it appears that only Natty was able to get the file... I'll resend it to all that have PM'd me as 4 seperate files - they total around 14MB...

Its a photocopy of a construction manual for the sterling I came across surfing the net one day many years ago looking for reference for the stormy blaster - it was too cool not to download the whole thing... and its been sitting in my rerefence archives ever since - I'm glad it can be of help ;)

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
OK I resent it to everyone - sorry if you've been doubled up ;) This time it was sent in 5 files. Hope they find some good use ;)

Jedi Dade

I found it on the Internet one day surfing. When I found it it was not represented as part of a larger work. It was presented as a maintenence manual for the sterling or something like that as I recall. Perhaps the Book you refer to wholely incoprotated it? In any case you are correct it does not have measurements but the drawings in it are spot on to what a real sterling looks like (I have a couple myself as I'm sure you do) and scaling form a known piece should be pretty darn easy. You'll be hard pressed to find a more detailed blow-up of the topic ;)

I hope that you all get good use form it!

Jedi Dade

It's great stuff! Don't get me wrong.
You at least saved me lots of scanning from my own book :)

No doubt many of the pictures are originally from Sterling manuals and other documentation, but these images were definitely scanned from the book - all the numbered captions are included.
Great pics without having to buy the original $50 book.

The Users Handbook for the Sterling I found Googling "sterling_smg.pdf". It's a 24 page scan and is a 7.7 meg file. There are no dimensioned drawings, but the mechanisms are depicted and described in great detail. I can't get by the blocking at work to check that the file is still up at the sites. This may be part of what is discussed above.

David
airhead

The Users Handbook for the Sterling I found Googling "sterling_smg.pdf". It's a 24 page scan and is a 7.7 meg file. There are no dimensioned drawings, but the mechanisms are depicted and described in great detail. I can't get by the blocking at work to check that the file is still up at the sites. This may be part of what is discussed above.

David
airhead

PDF file of the Sterling User Handbook is on this page:
http://imhz.com/gun/pdf/?N=A
A few other SW related guns on there too.
Nice find!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back