HIC BUILD THREAD - LAST BUILD DAY May 27th!

Dammit!

2 kids with big homework assignments due and my printer craps out! $200 later and my afternoon gone, those kids better get an A. Then the front doorbell broke and I had to go get a new one and install it.

When it rains it pours.............

Sorry Mike!

Did you get it finished? Can't wait to see it Satuday.

All the hard parts are done. When Andrew left I attached the panels to the backer board and installed the lighting kit in the hero panel.

Tonight I'll give the box a last sanding and final paint (we did this yesterday but I wasn't happy with it). Then tomorrow I'll mask and paint Han. Then on Wednesday I'll apply the acrylic wash and fasten the panels to the box.

Printer eh? You should have brought their homework over on a USB key! I have PLENTY of printers... ;)

Hmm. That's good to know. That's a mistake I may have made in the next few days. Thanks.

Depends on the paint. If it's a good quality durable paint I'll usually leave it as my final finish. My ST3 phaser you were playing with didn't have a clear coat on it, just the automotive paint.

Depends on the paint. If it's a good quality durable paint I'll usually leave it as my final finish. My ST3 phaser you were playing with didn't have a clear coat on it, just the automotive paint.

Hehe, that's also good to know because I was thinking of sealing my Kelvin phaser, but I used that Duplicolor Metallic Grey auto paint. Which, I need to go get another can of tomorrow.

Gil's gonna hate us for that first video! :lol

:facepalm

I'm in the middle of rebuilding the video as we speak.

I lost the working version when my HD crashed (yeah yeah, always an excuse!) Now that the HIC is finished, its a shame that we didn't do a few more shoots...

(Mike, that hurt the most!)

Great work guys... Love that this was finished! Cant wait to see it in person...

-Skyler101

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back