Full Size Hover Board Layouts

Beeb89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had several people PM me regarding my BTTF Hover Board layouts. If you're interested, here are links to the full size files. Not saying these are the be all end all of Hover Board layouts but they're not too shabby, even if I do say so. :)

http://s144667610.onlinehome.us/wsb3921856...HB_Layout_1.jpg
http://s144667610.onlinehome.us/wsb3921856...HB_Layout_2.jpg
http://s144667610.onlinehome.us/wsb3921856...HB_Layout_3.jpg

Big thanks to Montagar for hosting these.

*EDIT*

It was brought to my attention that I'm missing some measurements on my layouts so I wanted to clear that up. (thanks Gregg.) When I did these, they were mainly just for me so any missing elements I knew in my head what they were so they weren't left off intentionally. :)

First off, for the center block on the bottom of the board, it's 5" long and 3 1/4" wide and 3/8" thick.

Regarding the disks, that's another, "I had it in my head" thing that I need to update. The disk that measures 6 3/4" in diameter (The disk to the far left of the page) is the disk that's on top of the board that has the foot strap on it.

For the magnetic disks on the bottom, the base is 7 3/4" wide. The base of the magnet disk is 6 3/4" and tapers to 6".

Sorry for the confusion.
-Beeb

*End EDIT*

Also, here's where I found the holographic sheeting for the board...
Rowland Technologies in Wallingford, CT. I used to have the correct item number for the Barbie Pink sheeting, but if you reference item number PC-02-043, that is the exact brick pattern and sheeting material, just a different color combo. You'll want to ask specifically for the Barbie Pink.

Hope this helps.
-B89. :D

Do somebody know the www - adress from the
Rowland Technologies in Wallingford Shop?
Thank s a lot

Hope the ship to germany.. :rolleyes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tobinambur @ Feb 8 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]1414694[/snapback]</div>
Do somebody know the www - adress from the
Rowland Technologies in Wallingford Shop?
Thank s a lot

Hope the ship to germany.. :rolleyes
[/b]
Quick Google search turned up this site, although it's not very informative:
http://www.rowlandtechnologies.com/

Thanks, buddy... B)

If anyone has trouble with the file, let me know and I'll email them to you. :)

Thank Beeb89 for sharing. I've gathered all the material for one and was gonna start building it this weekend so this comes at a perfect time for me - a great time saver....

Also, I was able to score a free a acrylic light panel from the custodian in my office building which rocks since I'm trying to build my first one as cheaply as possible.

~ Don D'Ablo :angry

Probably one of the dumbest nooby questions for this prop - can you use a regular skateboard for a base? Is it accurate?

it would be a skateboard ive never seen... certainly apears flat, except for the tail... seems like you could just cut some wood, in the shape, but the tail... ive wondered myself, i want to try and make one of these badboys. one of my all time fave props. i always wish they woulda shown a boys version of the mattel board...

anyone ever seen or thought of doin somethin like that? a sorta EU BF2 prop?

you could do it all the same but in blue or green etc.

you know not BARBIE frickin pink. LOL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oldken @ Feb 8 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]1414894[/snapback]</div>
i always wish they woulda shown a boys version of the mattel board...

[/b]
The kid riding next to the girl with the pink Mattel board has an orange Mattel board (judging from his handlebars). This could probably be considered the 'boys' version as far as 'screen-accurate' is concerned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KidL @ Feb 8 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]1414925[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oldken @ Feb 8 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]1414894[/snapback]
i always wish they woulda shown a boys version of the mattel board...

[/b]
The kid riding next to the girl with the pink Mattel board has an orange Mattel board (judging from his handlebars). This could probably be considered the 'boys' version as far as 'screen-accurate' is concerned.
[/b][/quote]

oh cool, havent seen tht movie in a long time, at least not the best scene, i always catch it on right after the future scene. :(

anyone have a screen cap?

Okay, I've been in contact with this company for a few days. Unfortunately, this hologram material only comes in large rolls. So heres the kicker. The stuff that is the most screen acurate runs about 900.00 dollars a roll. So if we can get 20 people to go $45.00 each I'll place the order. Obviously if we can get more the 20 people the price will go down per person. I'll throw up some pictures of the sample I have shortly. So call this an interest thread. We need 20 or more people willing to spend $45 each for this hologram material.

Patrick

Here are the product pictures and a screen shot. Sadly as is the case most of the time hologram just doesnt photograph or scan well. But its the right color and pattern...

sample01jb7.jpg

sample03vc3.jpg

sample02lv6.jpg

Here's the kicker now, once you base coat the board that flourescent pink and lay this stuff down on top of it, it becomes the proper color...

sample04dd5.jpg

So do we have 20 (or more) takers?

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

You may want to start a seperate interest thread in the JY. I was luck enough to get a couple of "scraps" that were enough to do the front, back and side of the board. (basically, I bugged the sales rep to the point he pulled a small amount from a previous run. ;) ) However, you can put me down as one to go in with you on this. :)

*EDIT*
I'll go one further, if we can do an old fashion "group project", I'll supply my vector based files to have the graphics for the board printed plus I may have a cheap supplier for the brushed metal vaneer for the "magnetic plates" on the bottom of the board and can have them cut to the correct circle size. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back