Doctor Who: Journey to the Center of the TARDIS bottle SPOILERS!

Dakarn

Warning this post contains spoilers for the episode Journey to the Center of the TARDIS.

I'm trying to compile information to reproduce the bottles seen in the TARDIS library, right now I'm focusing on the Encyclopedia Gallifrey bottles seen behind Clara.

I have the following screenshots:
Encyclopedia Gallifry Bottles 1.jpgEncyclopedia Gallifry Bottles 2.jpgEncyclopedia Gallifry Bottles 3.jpgEncyclopedia Gallifry Bottles 4.jpgEncyclopedia Gallifry Bottles 5.jpg

The labels definitely have a lighter imprint of Gallifreyan symbols, at least on the left side. Trying to identify the font as well. In one scene the bottles do not have caps but, as you can see from the last 2 photos, they have silver tops - probably metal top with cork inserts painted silver to match.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I believe this is the bottle that was used for the props on the show. Unfortunately, there is no identifying marks on the bottle, so I can't tell you who makes them. I found this one at a thrift store and planned on using it for another bottle prop. The stopper came with the bottle. The bottle is just under 7 inches tall with the stopper. What do you guys think?
whobottle1.jpgwhobottle2.jpg

Terry

I believe this is the bottle that was used for the props on the show. Unfortunately, there is no identifying marks on the bottle, so I can't tell you who makes them. I found this one at a thrift store and planned on using it for another bottle prop. The stopper came with the bottle. The bottle is just under 7 inches tall with the stopper. What do you guys think?
View attachment 177755View attachment 177756

Terry

I do think we have a winner! Now we just need brand or name.

Looks like a winner to me. Wonder if its the lighting that gave the bottles a tinted appearance? They had a bunch so I'd think they were common at one time.

Terry

Terry

Terry, i think you should use this bottle for an Encyclopedia prop instead of whatever other prop you had intended for it!! :)

I am finding similar shaped bottles called reagent bottles, caps are different but BBC could of made them separately. maybe from the medical industry. will let you know what i find

I am finding similar shaped bottles called reagent bottles, caps are different but BBC could of made them separately. maybe from the medical industry. will let you know what i find

This one's close but all the one's I can find have that raised lip thing around the top.

Edit - That may not be the right size.

Last edited:
Its the lip thats a pain, loads have a lip, i have found similar but not exactly right. I am searching bottle companies looking at spice one now. If anybody finds any shout as its doing my head in lol

getting the same here, the set with 2 green ones is available so i am thinking about buying 10 sets but what do i do with 20 green bottles, apart from sing a song. Also, need to rewatch the episode to make sure i got the quantity correct

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back