Dexter's Kill Bag and Tools

I can sketch over that in a dxf for you. That's probly best for the water jet. PNG might make it go slower, costing more money... What email do you want the dxf sent to?

I can sketch over that in a dxf for you. That's probly best for the water jet. PNG might make it go slower, costing more money... What email do you want the dxf sent to?

That's awful cool of you to offer.

I have no desire to do a parts run. This was how I solved it with the waterjet guy, when I had to do this last time for the H2 knife. He had to convert the art into a plotter path for it to work with his machine.

Inkscape can save in the DXF format, but the waterjet guy I went with couldn't get it to open up in his plotter program.

If someone else wants a DXF copy of this, and your ok with that. That's completely cool with me. I just wanted to help, having done something like this before.

So pinder which set of gloves should I buy to go with my kill bag tools since it's an after season 1 kill bag?
Nope. Those have the right look, but are not the correct leather, and do not come in numbered sizes, so they might not fit as well. They are probably the same pattern, however.

I hope you have big hands if you want the real deal, since they've been discontinued for about a year now.

Damascus D301 (smooth back):
I only recall seeing these in all but the last episode of Season 1.
Damascus D301 Ultrathin™ Leather Gloves (No Points)

The now discontinued D301 has been copied by what I'm guessing is the leatherglovesonline house brand.
Tough Gloves Ultra™ Thin Cabretta unlined leather gloves (no points)

Damascus D302 (points on back):
Predominantly seen throughout the rest of the series.
Damascus D302 Ultrathin™ Cabretta unlined leather gloves

And again, the leatherglovesonline version.
Tough Gloves Ultra™ Thin Cabretta unlined leather gloves

Apparently, leatherglovesonline was the original supplier to production as well.

So pinder which set of gloves should I buy to go with my kill bag tools since it's an after season 1 kill bag?

I haven't seen Season 3 since it originally aired, and have yet to see Seasons 4-5. I would say either would be a safe bet, however...
dexter_pic.jpg

That's from Season 2, and the points (the lines on the back of the gloves... proper term) are very apparent, so if you had to have only 1... go for the D302's.

Side.png

4FinalColor.png

3FinalColor.png

2FinalColor.png

1FinalColor.png

First time I've ever rendered anything. That is drawn with 13.2 inch length and #6-32 socket head cap screw hole and countersink. The screw needs to be 5/8". I didn't feel like modeling the screw, but I think you get the idea. The head of this screw is appx .25" in diameter. I think it fits well.

What do you guys think?

Look out, Drew, Matt Munson might want to marry you now!

The only note I have is to create a flat piece, level with the for the blade's bevel to intersect with once it gets to the hand grip. The 3rd render shows off what I'm talking about. Just look between the very tips of the grip, and fill that space between the grips. That way there is no pokey bits in the grip :p

EDIT: On second look is it just the darker shading creating the illusion of a gap in the handle? Yes, I believe it is. Carry on, looks great.

Is there any chance we could see it with both a reduced fillet on the top edge of the grip plates as well as no fillet?

Seriously beautiful work though. Is that what a few hours with my drawings produced? I'm absolutely speechless.

-Nick

It took about an hour, including the renderings. It's really a pretty simple part when you get down to it.
I took a few minutes to go back through the pictures here, and I don't see any evidence the back of the blade is curved. Can you point out a picture for me to work with?

As far as the fillets on the handle, I think mine might actually be too small. They're half the thickness of the handle now, and this pic makes me think it might be the whole thickness.

So I might go back in and make the fillets bigger. I'm positive the fillets are there, but I can do some drawings without any fillets. It wouldn't be a big deal to make them that way, but it wouldn't be screen accurate in my opinion. But it's really what you think that matters to you.

So I might go back in and make the fillets bigger. I'm positive the fillets are there, but I can do some drawings without any fillets. It wouldn't be a big deal to make them that way, but it wouldn't be screen accurate in my opinion. But it's really what you think that matters to you.

I just meant try seeing how it looks without the top fillet. (Where the handle meets the blade) Looking at that image now, I agree, the side fillets should be bigger...it also seems like they might be slightly "elongated," being based on the profile of an ellipse rather than a circle.

-Nick

Drew, I think the back of the handle near the blade is more rounded. Yours is a 45 degree angle but if you look at the B7W pic I mocked up, you can see how round the handle is. (The part I circled on the photo you quoted)

FB

I just meant try seeing how it looks without the top fillet. (Where the handle meets the blade) Looking at that image now, I agree, the side fillets should be bigger...it also seems like they might be slightly "elongated," being based on the profile of an ellipse rather than a circle.

-Nick

Yeah, I noticed the ellipse too. That's a slightly harder feature to model, so I wasn't gonna bring it up unless someone noticed, but I think I can do it. I want this to be as perfect as it can be.

Yeah, I noticed the ellipse too. That's a slightly harder feature to model, so I wasn't gonna bring it up unless someone noticed, but I think I can do it. I want this to be as perfect as it can be.

I'm not sure what program you're using, but could it be possible to use some sort of control points along the top edge of the fillets (Where it begins) and just drag them back a bit?

I'm trying to think of how I would have done this when I could still 3D model well. Haha

Thanks for all of your hard work.

-Nick

I'm not sure what program you're using, but could it be possible to use some sort of control points along the top edge of the fillets (Where it begins) and just drag them back a bit?

I'm trying to think of how I would have done this when I could still 3D model well. Haha

Thanks for all of your hard work.

-Nick

Yeah, I can draw the ellipse profile, and then extrude cut it along a path, in this case the edge of the handle. I don't know how it will handle the inflection points where the handle cutouts are. I'll just have to try it.

You guys are really putting a ton of thought and effort into developing this! Great work @ TheNickFox and DrewSmith007 - PM me when you guys have come to a final decision on design.

Hey guys, found a good shot of the kill knife. I don't think the dull side is rounded going by this pic (if it is, I can't tell). If anyone can take a screen shot to post (PITBULL, thanks as always)

Season 5 Episode 8- 43:26

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back