Dexter's Kill Bag and Tools

We have another member here also contributing to design work and just sent me some wonderful 3D CAD designs.
I will have to take what we have so far and get some rough numbers. I don't want anyone to get too excited just yet. This whole project may far exceed my financial capacity.
If it works out that I would need more funds to invest, I would ask for financial contributions via a JY thread and of course, everyone that throws cash into having them produced will get a knife.
I am also working with my father to design a beautiful display stand for the knife that will also hold a single 'blood' slide displayed below it. It will look "killer":love

We have another member here also contributing to design work and just sent me some wonderful 3D CAD designs.
I will have to take what we have so far and get some rough numbers. I don't want anyone to get too excited just yet. This whole project may far exceed my financial capacity.
If it works out that I would need more funds to invest, I would ask for financial contributions via a JY thread and of course, everyone that throws cash into having them produced will get a knife.
I am also working with my father to design a beautiful display stand for the knife that will also hold a single 'blood' slide displayed below it. It will look "killer":love

Sounds great Jimmy.
I know I will contribute to get this thing rolling. I just really hope this Knife gets done!! It is a must have as far as Dexter props IMO.

Multiple pictures, then averaged the results. I could still be off due to perspective issues or lens distortion, but those are the numbers I've been working with.

Also, ItsAlive, beautiful work on the vectors and the paper knife!

-Nick

Thanks Nick.

I have a quick question. The bottom handle
fno03.jpg

Are we positive that lower end of the handle comes out further than top end?

The one on the right is altered, the one on the left is absolute to your drawing.

The Bad News:
The Sears by me does not have the Mundial knives in stock, so I was not able to get any measurements. I probably should've just checked availability online first. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

The Good News:
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...
skalpell4.jpg

Scalpel15b.jpg

scalpel.jpg

More Good News:
The discontinued Damascus D302's arrived today to go with my Damascus D301's. Now I have both versions of Dexter's leather kill gloves. They're the slightest bit too big, so I think some shrinking is in order.
IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

Thanks Nick.

I have a quick question. The bottom handle
fno03.jpg

Are we positive that lower end of the handle comes out further than top end?

The one on the right is altered, the one on the left is absolute to your drawing.

I would idealize it like you have on the left. Having drawn and redrawn these shapes so many times, I probably just skewed things accidentally in the course of one fix or another.

It would just make sense if the top and bottom of the handle are even.

Looks like I have something else to fix...as always. :p

-Nick

I sized it 13.207 for now. Waiting for the countersunk hex head screws to be positively identified. The head size would be very, very helpful. The threaded bolts length as well.

I sized it 13.207 for now. Waiting for the countersunk hex head screws to be positively identified. The head size would be very, very helpful. The threaded bolts length as well.

Have you tried printing it out at that size just to eyeball it, and see how it looks in your hand?

Also, I just got done straightening my handle out. Thanks for catching that, itsalive. This is why I like projects with a lot of people working on them...lots of eyes to help catch problems before they're problems.

EDIT: Here's a picture of my *NEW* New and Improved Knife:

Screenshot2011-02-16at74026PM.png

Questions, Comments, Concerns, Problems, Nagging Nerdery? Let me know.

-Nick

Last edited:
Just blades. No handles. I doubt this will be a volume price and I would only be able to get a limited supply.

He's the same guy who cut my batarangs.

FB

I'm trying to remember Atlanta Waterjets pricing system.

I think it's $250 an hour plus the cost of the metal material. He cut me a major deal, but it was for a one off part- with an off chance of return business for more copies of the one off part.

Once the art files are done. I'm sure he can give a quote for both the knives and the handles.

Then, well. You would need to get enough people on the list to cover the cost.

------------------------

Nick, I haven't printed out a copy yet. I think the countersunk hex bolt head size is 8mm. I'm google-fu'ing right now. I'm want to size the knife handle around that. Then a print will happen. If it looks good after that. I'll upload the file on rapidshare for everyone.

Looking very good NickFox, great work dude.

@Pinder- What is that scalpel? Any luck finding the 'blood sucker'? All part of the Kill Tools in my mind.

Last edited:
@Pinder- What is that scalpel? Any luck finding the 'blood sucker'?

Everything I've found regarding that style of scalpel describe it as a one piece with 1.5 inch blade. Some places refer to it as a "student" scalpel.

Based on the reshaping of the Global spatula, I'd say the prop department did the same with the scalpel.

Same place:

1.5" Scalpel Stainless Steel

ONE PIECE STAINLESS-STEEL SCALPEL 1.5" BLADE - eBay (item 270382179250 end time Feb-17-11 16:18:48 PST)

I have to go back and watch the show some more, but from what I remember, its just your basic glass pipette. I focus so much on one thing per viewing that I completely miss everything else.

Everything I've found regarding that style of scalpel describe it as a one piece with 1.5 inch blade. Some places refer to it as a "student" scalpel.

Based on the reshaping of the Global spatula, I'd say the prop department did the same with the scalpel.

Same place:

1.5" Scalpel Stainless Steel

ONE PIECE STAINLESS-STEEL SCALPEL 1.5" BLADE - eBay (item 270382179250 end time Feb-17-11 16:18:48 PST)

I have to go back and watch the show some more, but from what I remember, its just your basic glass pipette. I focus so much on one thing per viewing that I completely miss everything else.

I totally hear you on that!!! When I was looking through trying to ID the Kill Tools and bag I should have paid more attention to the Kill Knife, Duffel Bag, and Green Oversuit.

Does anyone know what the Duffel Bag, Green oversuit (worn over the Kill Clothes) and Sleeves (worn over the green suit) are?

a8q5w.jpg

Decided on 8mm for the hex bolt size. Used the latest drawing Nick posted to rework my trace. I scaled up Nicks drawing until his hex bolt size was exactly 8mm. Placed my vector trace over it, and the result is 12.844 inches.

If the countersunk bolts real head size is 10mm. Then the knife would be a bit larger. But it looks like an 8 to me.

It's late here and my lighting setup sucks- So the flash washed out the image of the paper printout laying next to the 8 inch chef knife I own.

That knife is a little over 13 inches total length. I don't remember the brandname of the knife. I bought it at Kohl's to get it signed by Tyler Mane, while Halloween 2 filmed down here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back