BTTF : My diet pepsi bottle project

johnylebleu

Hello guys,

I'm working on a replica of the famous bottle from Back to the future, the pepsi bottle ! Actually I'm working on a diet bottle. I made it of wood and now I'm working on the straw, not easy but I think it looks good. I tried to be very accurate to the screen used. It needs some sanding than painting. Let me know what you think about my replica and I'll post picture after painting !
TO BE CONTINUED ...

Looks really good. Did you finally get the dimensions you needed?

Also, what are you going to use for the labels?

Looks really good. Did you finally get the dimensions you needed?

Also, what are you going to use for the labels?

I got some aproximate dimensions so I tried to follow them ! For the labels I think I'm going to use vinyl for the front label ! And water decal for the nutrition information on the back because the letter are too small to cut them in vinyl !

Would you consider making a few more bare wood ones for sale? I would like to make one to leave in my DeLorean at car shows.

Thanks for comments ! Actually I don't plan to make a lot of bottles because it's realy a lot of work ! But I think I'm going maybe to make one or two to sell ! And I plan to sell my older version of the diet pepsi bottle which is a little bit less screen accurate but looks good too ! I'll post pictures soon !

If I were you, I would use the wood bottles to make resin casts...
Actually I'd like to make a pepsi perfect bottle so I'll maybe make a resin cast !
I just painted my bottle this morning, It's drying right now, I'll post picture this afternoon! It looks so great, I'm completely happy of my work !:love

yes more PICS!!!

Hahaha ok here it is !

On the left my old project, with a non-working flip straw and a little bit smaller ! I wasn't happy and that's why I working on this new one ! Now it needs the straw inside the hole and a some clear coat paint and then It'll be ready for labels !

Just got my labels for my bottles, check this out ! They look great, better in real than on the picture!
img1650s.jpg

Thanks, It looks great ! Tomorrow I'll try to finish the bottle and post some picture. I'm very excited to put labels on it I hope it'll be perfect !

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back