Another Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Replica

69428scj

Hi all, some of you might know me...many of you may not. As I said in my introductory post, I'm not much of a propper but more of a movie car fan. So I'd like to show you all my first attempt at making a movie car. Sadly it's the the car that was used in the movie, but I think it's pretty close. Here are some pictures older pictures before all the decals were added. Thanks for welcoming me here!

Ecto%20family.jpg

Ecto%20side.JPG

7130704929_486b534e32_b.jpg

and a video
The Ghostbusters at The Dent Schoolhouse - YouTube

Okay, this has to be one of the best Ecto-1 replicas I've seen. I mean even the siren brackets are accurate, simply amazing! :thumbsup

That's cuz it is Ernie , also William atherton and the Russian chick who played gozer and the girl in the ghostbusters 2 sweatshirt is robin Shelby the puppeteer for slimer

^ beat me to it lol

omg lol your right i totally didn't even reco him! For me he will always be the slime ball reporter from Die Hard :) He really was in so many classics( Real Genius )

Very nice. Hope it has the proper siren sound, as it wouldn't be the same without its wailing cry. Looking at the images though, something tells me that its probably not an issue. :)

Absolutely amazing. I always forget just how big that car actually is! And I have to say, like a few others have said, your Ecto looks strait out of the movie as well as the showroom!!

Like others have said, amazing job-one of the best replicas I've seen! Great seeing Ernie in the photo too! Met him at our MI Comic-Con, was a stand up guy.

Also curious if you added a siren?

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's probably easy to miss the YouTube link I posted at the bottom of the post, but it's a video of the car in action.

I know right? I'm hoping to add at a minimum a Time Machine, Herbie, OCP Taurus and a KITT to the 17 cars I already own. All in due time I suppose...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back