ALIEN QUEEN LIFE-SIZE FIGURE Work IN PROGRESS

OMG! That thing is awesome!
I think I must agree though, that the 'lightning' effect needs toning down a little. I'ts a great effect, but a little too prominent.
But at the end of the day this build is for you and to your own tastes.

Great work :thumbsup

That head is bigger than my living room. YIKES.

I usually just stick with movie accurate colors. But i wish test something before go all black
yes, i like the movie version too but i see too many same one out there-similar piece over and over, i want to try something new.
today i added few more details on the crown, not complete yet, only did a few on the Top middle section, the sides not done, still alot to go, im working little by little each day, Iam the only 1 person painting it with Fulltime job. :laugh:
Paint scheme looks awesome. Didn't Bob Burns say the ALIENS queen was blueish in tone?

Paint scheme looks awesome. Didn't Bob Burns say the ALIENS queen was blueish in tone?

Yes the was quite blue. You can see this on some of the behind the secens footage shot on set on video. looks awaful though, but it was done that way to read as black on the film stock.

This thing is awsome, but really needs to be black!! Any chance of a kit?? :)

weequay

On the roof.

Beats balloons on the front door so there's no missing where the house is when a party is on :lol

Man, I just can't stop looking at this and gawk !

Will you make the egg sack as well?

iam trying to get 4 eggs from sideshow collectible, the 1/1 scale version, and 1 open egg with facehugger in it from ebay.

about the sac.....its going to take too much room....:lol prob not.

OMG! That thing is awesome!
I think I must agree though, that the 'lightning' effect needs toning down a little. I'ts a great effect, but a little too prominent.
But at the end of the day this build is for you and to your own tastes.
Great work :thumbsup

thanks dude :cool

The next time my wife complains about my stuff taking up too much room, I'm showing her this thread.

That's awesome.

hahhaha, tell her my wife allow me to kep the queen inside the house. see what she said...? :lol

Dude... that's insanely awesome!!

Mind blowingly awesome!!!!!

Rich

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE COMMENTS, yes bob's alien queen are blue colors, i have the actual reference photo.

holy interplanetary yard stick batman!!!! that is just awesome :D

hahaha :lol

Yes the was quite blue. You can see this on some of the behind the secens footage shot on set on video. looks awaful though, but it was done that way to read as black on the film stock.

This thing is awsome, but really needs to be black!! Any chance of a kit?? :)

weequay

trust me, i like black too, but dont u think all the queen out there has similar paints? i wish try something unique. :eek

Glad to see the pics of this back up :thumbsup

And now I can say ............... :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

thanks, i love ur stuff.

Seriously, given the size where are you going to display it??

right now she is in my storge room shown in the pic.

On the roof.

Beats balloons on the front door so there's no missing where the house is when a party is on :lol

Man, I just can't stop looking at this and gawk !

i saw a giant mario brothers balloon on the roof before. :lol

WOW!!! Awesome job!!

thanks man. :thumbsup

Last edited:
heres the photos from MWalter, Mike.
Bob burns collection: 1/1 Alien queen head & 1/4 Queen puppet

thats the way he got them straight from film people. I believe the queen was blueish, most people think it was grey it wasn't. Bob has never done anything with it. He has tons of Alien stuff most are in pretty rough shape.

the actual prop used in the film.

zknaco.jpg

126d1xg.jpg

2upfjt4.jpg

ab2q1c.jpg

Last edited:
That is a amazing piece & it is awesome that you have the room to display it properly.
The contrast between the black & teal/blue paint really pops.

Should look absolutely killer when completely finished.
Congrats! :cheers

That is a amazing piece & it is awesome that you have the room to display it properly.
The contrast between the black & teal/blue paint really pops.

Should look absolutely killer when completely finished.
Congrats! :cheers

thanks buddy, im thinking addin more veins to the body, i will keep this thread updat with WIP.

i had ppl asking me molding the parts for them....hahhaha i have no idea how to mold or cast, sorry.

i only clean and paints.

I think you should mount it to a SEGWAY ! imagine that beast scooting around the place :)...you might go through the battery a bit quicker but it would be worth it

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back