Han Solo ESB + ANH all metal Blasters, step by step

Re: Han Solos DL-44 - metal Blasters

how easy is it to drill the barrel out on a denix broomhandle ?

just big enough to fit electrics in the muzzle

Last edited:

It´s not that hard, but having a big enough drillpress helps. Putting the gun in a vise and having new sharp drills might be enough to try to drill by hand with a accudrill (or equal).

First you need to cut the barrel off, shorten it around 1 inch - they have pressed the hardened ball of a roller bearing inside, to keep the people from drilling. That works for the military guys - but we have these cool flashhiders. :cool

First you need to cut the barrel off, shorten it around 1 inch - they have pressed the hardened ball of a roller bearing inside, to keep the people from drilling. That works for the military guys - but we have these cool flashhiders. :cool

wich end is the ball located ?

i want to add electrics to this...

All my Denix had this ball pressed some cm deep in the muzzle.

You can see in my pics where i made the cut - the ball is in the cutoff part.

No idea if you can do this without destroying your gun - it depends on the way it was build.

mine has been shorten at the back, so far drilled through front of the body, and about 3 cms into the muzzle end, need a longer drill bit to carry on

that is fantastic ,how about maching us the scopes ......lol if you ever do i know i want one .......wow ,great job indeed.......

mine has been shorten at the back, so far drilled through front of the body, and about 3 cms into the muzzle end, need a longer drill bit to carry on

That sounds for me that you will have no problems, the ball should be cut-off already.

Not much has been done lately, but here are the pics from it ;)

You take a emptied bubble level
Querbeet002.jpg

And combine it with the clear part of one of these whacky doll-eyes
Querbeet001.jpg

Then turning a brass part where the above fits in
Querbeet006.jpg

From the front, rough covered with a black paint and weathered (more work will be done later)
Querbeet003.jpg

build together
Querbeet007.jpg

Pressed in the scope
Querbeet009.jpg

I think it´s a interesting effect, other than just look through
Querbeet008.jpg

Querbeet010.jpg

Not much has been done lately, but here are the pics from it ;)

You take a emptied bubble level
Querbeet002.jpg

And combine it with the clear part of one of these whacky doll-eyes
Querbeet001.jpg

build together
Querbeet007.jpg

I think it´s a interesting effect, other than just look through

Now that's a great idea! So simple but I never looked at doing it that way.

Fantastic build ups, I especially like the custom flash hider. I wonder if modifying that Mauser a bit more wouldn't be a cool idea as well since it's not meant to be a movie version.

Now that's a great idea! So simple but I never looked at doing it that way.

Me too, i mean, me not, too. :lol

I was desperatly looking for some plastic lenses since some days, but without any success - so i started searching other stuff in my greeblie boxes. And that were more or less the only clear parts around the needed size.

Fantastic build ups, I especially like the custom flash hider. I wonder if modifying that Mauser a bit more wouldn't be a cool idea as well since it's not meant to be a movie version.

Thanks. :cool

I think the Mauser is one of the most versatile gun-designs - add what you like, and it creates nearly always a sweet looking sidearm. :)

Off course you can always decide to build the Merr Sonn Blaster, a nice variant.

Power_5_egwt.png

Imperial-Blaster-Comp.jpg

A few weekends ago at the Spacedays-Convent there was a prop builder who showed some of his metal props - he had a sweeeeet looking Mauser, modified to be a double barrel version. Bad-ass, really bad-ass. :love

Here we go again - a little bit. :cool

First i milled the notches in the brass rings:

Querbeet006-1.jpg

Querbeet007-1.jpg

Then my ordered parts received from Corellian Export, a cast Hensoldt, and the 2 variants of the ANH Grills. These parts are planned as templates for metall ones i want to make - and as a backup if my try fails. :confused

There is still one piece missing on my metal-scope, and again it started with some turning on the lathe:

Querbeet001-1.jpg

Then some milling:

Querbeet002-1.jpg

More milling, on the other side:

Querbeet003-1.jpg

Do you have a idea, already?

Querbeet005.jpg

That´s it:

Querbeet008-1.jpg

Querbeet010-1.jpg

Not that bad, but ...... i´m thinking about to do it again, next time in brass:

Querbeet012.jpg

And cause i wasn´t completly satisfied with this:

Bastelei063.jpg

Bastelei059.jpg

Bastelei061.jpg

I decided to make this:

Querbeet011.jpg

Needs only some light touching with a end-mill, to level the bushings - then it´s ready.:cool

Thanks again for looking. :)

Great work.
I'm currently building a Greedo killer at the mo. I'm not machining anything though. Just more assembly than anything else. Still fun but would love a workshop full of man toys to make my own stuff. I live in a flat and don't have the room.
Can't wait to see more.

Thanks. :)

There won´t be any news for some time now - as i sold my small modelbuilder mill, and now i´m looking for a bigger one for real metal working. Might take some time to find the right one.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back