SPIDERTEEN911's Definitive Spider-Man Suit! SOLD TO chaosprince PIC HEAVY!

Re: (WIP) "This is so NOT spandex!" SPIDERTEEN911's Definitive Spider-Man Suit!

Update:
Webshooters came in, as well as my magnets (super friggin strong, and my e6000 glue.

First off, my shoe project has been completely rethought out, since the shoes idea... well, let's say it didn't work out.

For the shoes, in an effort to try and stay with my original idea of "comic shoes", I will be wearing a thick-ish neoprene diving sock inside of the suit, and for the sole of the shoe I will be spraying on a bunch of layers of "plasti-dip" for grip.
The good thing about that is if the shoe part ever gets dirty or breaks a bit, I just need to add a layer or two more and voila!

I'll be posting that process once I get my suit back from being sewn and when I'm done getting it airbrushed.

For now, here's my fun assembly of the webshooters:
20140114_063704_zps96e79e8d.jpg

ASSEMBLY REQUIRED lol

20140114_071929_zpsd1190ff4.jpg

All done!

All lit up and "amazing":
20140114_071951_zps6102db24.jpg

More updates to come.

So, after taking a while to think about it, I've come up with a new plan.
Here's my process of thought:

I had to find a way to separate the main module with the watch interface and the leather band, to add the Rare Earth Magnets to the back.
20140114_143712_zps66eb4a8b.jpg

Took a while to separate them and then get everything back together in working order.
20140114_192806_zps9f01f990.jpg

Once I did though I noticed a very big bump in my plan, literally:
20140114_192822_zps5349e491.jpg

There's the on and off kill switch on the bottom... non-removable...

So, my new plan!

I'm going to put everything back together again and then color-match the suit's very attractive dark red color at a depot craft store in the area. Then I'm going to use that to get a type of paint that will be good in use with that leather band. Next I'm going to paint the leather band of the web shooters.
The color matching will allow me to not have to go through any convoluted processes to try and get the web shooters to "stick" on to the suit.
New plan pros and cons:
The cons:
- not screen accurate (although as I've said before, this is already a hybrid suit, why not one more reason to call it so?)
- (can't really think of anything else)
The pros:
- WAY more secure than magnets, even the 30lbs of stress ones that I bought
- This is nice because I am going to breakdance a lot, I don't want it flying off and hitting Captain America in the eye
- Gives the suit a sort of Scarlet Spider / Cosmic Spider feel to it (if ya you know what I mean)
- They will still be able to light up (since the only way to mod them for use with magnets would be to take the LED panel out)

So, I'm going to be getting the special "paint for leather" as soon as I have the suit back from my seamstress. (and after I've gotten it airbrushed)

Until the next update guys!
Thanks for the support! (this is a really big endeavor...)

Damn, Markpoon's shooters are gonna be SICK on the suit!
Expensive, but very solid reliable. I'm liking my new plan though. Takes inspiration from certain Spider-Man comics that use over the suit shooters.
I'm working with a guy on getting the belt that YOU envisioned to become a reality. It's a difficult shape and I'm trying to make sure to have the "web pouches" be functional to an extent.

Takes inspiration from certain Spider-Man comics that use over the suit shooters.
Here is an old school and a new school example of the "over-the-suit" shooters:
480px-Redemp1b_zps34b792e8.jpg

Spider-Mans_Web-Shooters_zps8d796288.jpg

And here's the ASM movie version:
Peter_Parker_Earth-TRN013_009_zpsb4578a63.jpg

The idea is to have the comic shooters pictured above, and the movie shooter, mash-up into a little hybrid.

as detailed in a previous post, I will try and color match the leather bands to the suit's shade of red once I get it airbrushed. Then it'll look nice and slick, and I don't have to sacrifice functionality for form. Those bands are super sturdy (especially after I reinforced them last night).

So, for the webshooters, I've gone ahead and color matched the leather in Photoshop and made a rendering of what it might look like after being painted.
(pardon my crappy Photoshop skills)
colorswap_zps08ce4912.jpg

I added the blue in there as an after thought. That may or may not be what I would do (if I still go this direction with the webshooters)

Sewing update!

So, before the pictures, I'd like to say that this print had TWO right hands! lol, I don't know how that happened. TrophyWife has corrected it with some sewing ingenuity and you can't even tell :D

Here are the progress photos on the sewing, all that's left at this point is to attach the sleeves to the suit.

20140114_230738_zps6a5d3d7c.jpg

20140116_144520_zps1afdfe86.jpg

20140116_144642_zps4ff9eca0.jpg

20140116_144659_zpsc383b047.jpg

BEAUTIFUL JOB on the neck and mask, especially shown here:
20140116_144726_zps8c9e8769.jpg

Also, in light of seeing the finished sleeves, I've decided to NOT color the leather bands. I'm still going to wear them outside of the suit still, to give it a sort of "made" feel, as I've always gained from the earlier spectacular and amazing spider-man comics.

Plus, it'll cover some of the stitching up as well.

I'm really excited to get this thing all finished up.

After the sewing is done I'm having El Fett do a touch up job on the suit for me, then I get it all to myself for modifying for use with a belt.

Looks awesome! I'm working on two webshooters right now. One will fire elephant toothpaste (home made silly string) and the other will fire a real grappling hook. I'll make a post when they're done.

Also, does anyone know how much would it cost to have someone make me a print like this?

This is coming together really well. I'm sorry things didn't work out as planned for you, spiderteen, but I'm also glad to see that your suit is going to good hands. YOUR suit will come eventually. As for right now, its looking pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to see what's to come.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

All done!
Getting it airbrushed soon.

Some pics for you guys:

20140116_174658_zpsqmf1pkvo.jpg

20140116_174726_zpsvotvk9jf.jpg

20140116_174626_zpsbgg281le.jpg

20140116_174732_zpssmdqdvjk.jpg

Two right hands? Didn't notice that either :p but HOLY CRAP DUDE! That looks amazing!!!! TrophyWife did a great job! Love it!!!! :D

Last edited:

Two right hands? Didn't notice that either :p but HOLY CRAP DUDE! That looks amazing!!!! TrophyWife did a great job! Love it!!!! :D
Yeah, I'm very happy with the results thus far.
It's off to El Fett this morning to get some airbrushing done for extra definition and muscle shading.

After that, I'm just waiting on the belt and face shell/lenses/frame while I get to work on the feet.

I ordered the neoprene diving socks yesterday. The Plasti-Dip came in yesterday, and looks perfect for the bottom of the feet. I might order a little resin spray so there's not TOO much grip on the feet.

I'm excited, everything is coming together.

Let's just hope TJack finishes his first set of his new ASM2 face shell and lenses/frame combo before the end of February. Otherwise I'll have to purchase a MCL34N pair from one of my friends here on RPF who is doing Thanos this year and is no longer interested in finishing his Spidey suit.

Cheers!

OH! and it was two left hands. But TrophyWife made it virtually unnoticeable somehow, VERY big props.

"SHOE/FOOT" UPDATE:

I've ordered the Neoprene Diving socks I'm going to wear inside the suit:

I ordered a 3mm thick pair (low tops) and a 5mm thick pair (high tops), just to try and get exactly what I want (look and feel).

The Tilos low top 3mm:
tilos_zps21857b03.jpg

The Neosport 5mm high top:
neosport_zpsbecacf62.jpg

The plan is to have those already inside the suit when I'm adding the Plasti-Dip to the bottom of the suit-feet for traction (that was TJack's suggestion btw). After a couple layers of the plasti dip, I'll add a quick spray (not even a layer) of a resin-finish to sort of balance out the "grippy-ness".
So far so good.
My next update will come once I get my suit back from being airbrushed. (Or when/if I color the leather bands).

Last edited:

Belt is 90% done. Everything is casted and almost all painted.

20140117_205236_zps4pb2295o.jpg

I had it commissioned with spiderteen's original vision in mind.

I want to preserve the original hybrid idea as much as possible.

Great progress!

Thanks! Good to know I'm not talking to myself here haha.

All in all though, this is a pretty rushed job, compared to the amount of time I'd LIKE to have on this suit.

My next suit I'm trying is going to be Aquaman, Speedy, or Flash, all extremely hard to pull off... But they'll be challenges.

Take some pics when you try the diving socks on with your suit! I have been trying to find the best options for insert shoes for my spidey.

Take some pics when you try the diving socks on with your suit! I have been trying to find the best options for insert shoes for my spidey.
Will do. I promise.
I'm guessing the 5mm high tops will be the best form. But who knows, we'll find out.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back