Iron Man boots with lift?

bustermedic

Working on the IM Mk6 armor currently (foam build) using Stealth's methods and was just wondering if any of you that have been using this method have incorporated some type of lift or thick sole into the boots to gain height. If anyone has any pics, could you please post them so i could see the direction I need to go in? Thanks!

Why would you want that? Iron Man isn't supposed to be huge you know, RDJr is only 5'9" so most people should lose height to get it right.

Man, I came into this thread thinking someone was working on jet lifts to make their suit hover over the ground! You never know, some cosplayers are really passionate about their hobby! :)

@markkNL if you look at the boots, the way they're positioned, the heel is elevated when Tony steps into them. The sole is thicker here, providing natural lift in the rear of the boot. Here's a reference pic:http://www.hollywoodhardware.de/board/09.jpg

I was thinking stacking some foam and possibly putting some sole inserts in to have that natural "shoe" feel or using some cheap water shoes as a base. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
RDJ is not very tall but once in the IM suit he's like 6"2' tall.

I'm working on a Mark III foam armour and made the entire boot using the file found in
Darkseid mkVII files ;)
I had to fill the heel with 4-5 layers of foam so the boot would not collapse under my weight.
It works pretty good and definitely add some inches to the whole built.
You can see some pics of my built on DF thread.

Yep :)
But honnestly they aren't even necessary as your feet is already raised and flexed by the heel. The joint here is useless as your feet will not bend when you walk.
Once it will be coated I plan to glue the two pieces together.

I'm going to hinge then nonetheless just for the visual effect of the flex motion while walking. I want as much realistic articulation as I can get.

Genius! I love it... may have to try this method as well. Constructing boots at the moment so I will try one method on each and make a decision. Thanks for all the help guys!

when i did my foam build i used cheap thongs as soles and cut them up to raise the heel. took about 3 thongs for each boot. found it to be better then the foam i was using.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back