DancinFool - Iron Man Mark 3 Pepakura Foam Templates

i don't like this post. . .really

i'd modified foam files of his files and shared it over to stealth. . .
i don't know if DF received my pm regarding the conversions of the foam. . .

Hmmm, just went through my private messages but didn't see it anywhere. Not sure the context of why you wouldn't like someone complimenting my unfolds though :confused.

I hadn't seen any unfolds floating around aside from Stealth's partial unfolds of my old files. You should post yours up! I just like seeing people building my model so the more options they have to do that is great!

Made a quick mk3 chest. I'm planning on making the whole suit when I have time to go along with my mk3 helmet.

IMAG0270.jpg

not finished yet but it's getting there.

I'm having a hell of a time scaling these things. I've looked through numerous threads and pictures and I can't quite get how big these pieces are supposed to be and how they are supposed to "sit" on me.

I've taken measurements of myself, but I'm still having problems. How do you all do it? Shotgun peps out until you find one that fits?

How tall are you?

The default scale is 1.6395 for 6'. So if you take 1.6395 and divide by 6' it gives you a ratio of 0.27325. Multiply your height by that number and that is the scale you should use on all of my pieces.

Edit: Nevermind... I'm being dense. I figured it out. Thanks again!

Let me know if that doesn't work out though. I know the arms have a bit of a bulkier fit so they might seem bigger than they actually are but when it's finished length wise it should fit from armpit to palm.

That may be it. The forearm just seems big on me, but it does seem to fit length wise.

You can get a bit of an idea how big the forearm is in this shot. There's a bit of a lip on it around where the gold part fits in, it's actually quite a bulky piece. That's why it might seem a bit big on you.

920.jpg

Okay, I'm starting to cut the foam pieces now that I have the size down. :D Have a quick question about the abs. Looking at the model, I have a relative idea of how it's supposed to go, but I just want to verify that the smaller ab pieces with the slots somehow bend into the larger pieces when being glued/attached?

Hmm, the IronManMk3_Abs.pdo contains the front abs and the back and each piece should fit up against each other. The IronManMk3_SideAbs are the side pieces which in the front should fit up against the front abs and overlap in the back.... It's hard to explain in words, it'll probably make sense as you're building, I'll dig up a picture of what it should look like all together.

*Edit* Here's what it should look like from the front.
absfront.jpg

Last edited:
Hi DF. I love your files and am starting the build out of foam now. During the cutting phase, I noticed that there are dashed lines on the outer edges of some of the pieces. What do those mean? Is it to signify a complex bend? Below is a photo of what I'm talking about. Thanks again for the files, they are awesome.

IronManMk3_Back.jpg

Hey Doomster,

Don't worry too much about the dotted lines on the edges. That just signifies what kind of fold used to be there when there were tabs attached to the edges.

Hey Doomster,

Don't worry too much about the dotted lines on the edges. That just signifies what kind of fold used to be there when there were tabs attached to the edges.

Thanks Dancin Fool, for the quick reply. That makes more sense. I probably would have stared at it for a few hours trying to find the meaning of the dotted lines. Again, I can't say it enough, I really appreciate the files. It makes the build a lot more user friendly to beginners.

I'm glad you like the files. Yeah try not to get lost in the details with the foam builds, just use the files as a guide and don't overthink it. Also make sure you invest in a heat gun if you don't have one yet. They're cheap and make the foam building so much easier.

I had to pull the files across from my old computer but I did a couple quick renders, one from the front and one from the back.

frontop.jpg

backxjf.jpg

Finally have an opportunity to continue work on my armor this weekend, and I'm finishing up the arm. Looking at your images (great timing!) I'm assuming that the bicep and forearm would, ideally, be joined by the elbow guard for wearing? A chicago screw through all three pieces?

Thanks for the render! It willl definately help me with my build as well! You are the best and I/we so appreciate you, your hard work and support!
M

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back