Amazing Spider-Man 2 Puffy Painting [HELP]

CrazySpidey

Hi everyone, i'm new here and this is my first thread.
I want to know is this the right products to use to puffy paint a suit?

Black (Metallics) : Tulip Metallics Black Fabric Paint 3 Dimensional 4oz Fashion Fabric Paint 41400 | eBay

DEEP RED (Slick) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tulip-Slick-Deep-Red-Fabric-Paint-3-Dimensional-Fabric-Paint-Tulip-Slick-41402/161064587773

Royal Blue (Slick) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tulip-Slick-Royal-Blue-Fabric-Paint-3-Dimensional-Fashion-Fabric-Paint-82727/161063969526

And how much bottles (of 118ml) approximately do i need to paint a suit (height 170cm)

Thanks

Personally, I would not use metallic black for the webs if that's what you were thinking. I have messed around with black puffy, black slick, metallic black, and matte black and the matte black has looked the closest to the movie webs to me. I also used a mixture of metallic black and matte black for the bricks on the blue part and it looked somewhat screen accurate as well. I haven't done this to the suit yet, but have been testing my painting skills on scrap pieces of colored material to get the color I want, so I don't know how much you would need for a full suit.

Personally, I would not use metallic black for the webs if that's what you were thinking. I have messed around with black puffy, black slick, metallic black, and matte black and the matte black has looked the closest to the movie webs to me. I also used a mixture of metallic black and matte black for the bricks on the blue part and it looked somewhat screen accurate as well. I haven't done this to the suit yet, but have been testing my painting skills on scrap pieces of colored material to get the color I want, so I don't know how much you would need for a full suit.

Thanks for those informations, it will probably help me. But i still need to know how much bottle of 118ml do i need for the 3 colors to paint all the suit, i'm from Tunisia and i didn't found those products, thats why i must know how much i need so i can orer them from Ebay

Thanks for those informations, it will probably help me. But i still need to know how much bottle of 118ml do i need for the 3 colors to paint all the suit, i'm from Tunisia and i didn't found those products, thats why i must know how much i need so i can orer them from Ebay

Hmm I'm sure you only need one 118ml bottle for the red spider.

1-2 118 ml for the black and possibly 3 -4 for the blue.

Hmm I'm sure you only need one 118ml bottle for the red spider.

1-2 118 ml for the black and possibly 3 -4 for the blue.

Thank you very much sir, do you know someone who sell a good faceshell and lenses for a good price? i already talked with Tjack but the waiting list is too long and the shippement to Tunisia (alone) will cost me 100$ . it's too much for me.

Thank you very much sir, do you know someone who sell a good faceshell and lenses for a good price? i already talked with Tjack but the waiting list is too long and the shippement to Tunisia (alone) will cost me 100$ . it's too much for me.

You could purchase a universal faceshell with TASM 2 lenses from him. It is a bit more affordable and there is no wait list.

i was watching this video, and i like the idea of the front spider, i want to do the same, but i don't know where to find the materiel that he used (foam sheet) there are many kinds, and i didn't find it in the net, can you help me please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515sSxa9Meo

Hello! I saw your PM yesterday but I wasn't able to get back to you because of work.

It is possibly this one
Creatology® Foam Sheet

He mentioned it was 99 cents so it's quite affordable.

Im having the same problem.Ive noticed that the movie suit has black brick pattern on the suit..yet on other pictures the the suit looks more like it has a bright blue color? As of my back spider i used "Slick Deep Red" it turned out pretty good.Im new around here and this is my first build so i messed up couple of times.For the front spider i used black foam.It was just 86 cents rather then paying alot more for a urethane sheet.Ill upload some pictures :)

1403715282857.jpg

Im having the same problem.Ive noticed that the movie suit has black brick pattern on the suit..yet on other pictures the the suit looks more like it has a bright blue color? As of my back spider i used "Slick Deep Red" it turned out pretty good.Im new around here and this is my first build so i messed up couple of times.For the front spider i used black foam.It was just 86 cents rather then paying alot more for a urethane sheet.Ill upload some pictures :)

It actually is a black, but not just any black, it's some kind of black with a semi-gloss matte finish (almost rubbery). Unlike puff paint, which is laid out with thick increments, the real suit's brick pattern is laid out really thin so that it wouldn't distract the overall color of the blue fabric

amazing spiderman 2 suit.jpg

as you can see, when light hits it, it will give off a white glare

The bricks were screenprinted so they were a lot thinner. The screen-printed prototype I have that Oracle originally made is like the movie suit in that regards. Its a thin matte black layer that shines in the light.

Its going to be hard to try to duplicate that color with puffy paint.Does any body have an idea on a way to make it look even a tad like the movie suit? Black metallic paint looked awesome on a test piece but was to thick and even with fine tips on the bottle it wont give you such a thin line.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back