Batman cowl build

IMIM2

Sr Member
After an epic failure on spiderman mask, I switch to Batman cowl.
I forgot to take a picture during assembly so I only have the finished cowl.
I use 3mm foam and 6mm for the eyebrow and nose. It took me around 5 hours from printing to finish.

The chin strap is actually to big for me, but if I make it smaller, I will having trouble getting in and out.
Does people use velcro on the chin?

Second picture is for other thread talking about iron-bat.

Now that I have it, I don't really like batman's mask. it's half open (I'm camera shy) and without glasses I'm blind as a bat.
Initially, I am planning to put a shield like sonar batman, but my glasses won' fit the mask. I need to find another way.

After being abandoned for so long, a light came thru.
The file by Ruze is a very good one (thank you again, Ruze).
I simplified the parts and start building it.
It took me a painful 3 1/2 hours to make it.
The face is the most difficult to build.

Mind the smeared glue, it'll be gone when painted.

I am very hapy with the result.
I scaled it with the width 170mm, it is a tight fit.
At the back, there is a small piece I put it in stack and I didn't glue the side. Instead of the whole lower back can be separated, I just made back opening. With foam it was easy because it is flexible.

I couldn't help it. Build the neck, use black balaclava and my old Batman Returns T-shirt and made this pics.
Do I look more Keaton than Bale?

So I made this future batman mask, I simplified it until only 7 parts.
I also made the back of the head (not shown yet). It is supposed to balaclava, but I decided to add extra "armor", also with this piece, I will use the magnet to attach the front mask.

The red is not fixed yet, just temporary. It will all painted in flat black.

I wanna use white eyes on this, what you do guys think?

Finished my v2.0 of Ruze's TDK cowl.
I used 4mm (but actually 5mm), and 3mm foam (the red one).
3mm for better shaping and keeping it symmetrical.
I cut using only scissors for more precise cut.

I redo the unfolding down to only 5 parts.
Top, side , ears and back are all in one single piece.
Took me 4 hours to do this.

Small back flaps has not been installed due to change of shape. I need to scratch build it. Again, magnet will be used.

This time the mask is a bit bigger, more comfortable to wear and easier to put on/off. However, I feel that the nose is too long.

Pardon the red, it is the only 3mm pieces that I have as leftover from my spidey faceshell project. The eyebrow and the forehead actually had quite nice detail, also side of the mask.

Hope I can paint it soon enough. Can't wait to see it in all black.

Three masks in a row.
Done painting them with flat black. Surprisingly under flash they're becoming semi-gloss black. So I tried to take the picture without flash.
I weathered a bit for the future batman mask with silver pen. First time doing this after a long time. Just scratch the tip of the pen and rub it with thumb.
If anyone interested in my crazily modified template, let me know.
I got two version: v1.0= 16 parts, v2.0= 5 parts.
Actually I have another version v1.5= 7 parts.
Don't get fooled by the number of parts, less parts = extremely difficult.
But once you know the trick, it is quite easy. Gluing part is the most boring and most difficult.

Last edited:
Bane 187: PM and email sent, along with lengthy instruction :).

Better picture (I hope).
Also I added the back flaps with magnets, for explanation how the head will go in.

@pphills23: Thanks
@IM Nation: Thanks, and PM sent before I read this.

I will be shifting my attention to Iron man Mk8 suit, but the undersuit will be updated once my seamguy is clear to work on the suit.

Yippy,
My black under suit is done!
I used dry-fit material, so it helps to evaporate sweats faster, and it is much cooler than lycra or even cotton. When walking actually I can feel the breeze against the skin.

However,since the material is one-way stretch, it has wrinkles here and there. I tried to add a string(?) in palm to constantly stretch the sleeve, but it didn't help much. Anyway, it'll be an undersuit, so I don't have to worry about wrinkles.
I added invincible zipper near the crotch area for doing number one. It has to be carefully open/close as it easy catch on the skin (ouch!).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back