Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files

ruze789

Anyone want a new TDK Cowl file?

Modeled from scratch, not a game rip or existing file modification. It's still not perfect but I wasn't happy with any of the other TDK cowl files out there so I decided to make my own.

I originally modeled it for a cardstock/ fiberglass resin build, but then unfolded for a 3mm craft foam build, so the unfold is kind of somewhere in between. Feel free to re-unfold if needed. It's currently unfolded to 34 cm tall, about 13.4 inches.

You can do with this as you like, just please leave credit to me as the original modeler. I spent a lot of time on it and really don't like seeing when people do a tiny tweak to a model or unfold and then leave out credit to the creator.

I didn't get a chance to build it before releasing it, I realized I wouldn't have time to finish this build and the rest of the costume with Halloween so close. If there's any changes that are needed just let me know and I'll fix it.

**DISCLAIMER** I am an amateur hobbyist 3d modeler, so my work isn't perfect! I have a basic minimum working knowledge so I can model myself what I want for Pepakura work, nothing more!

8047897278_52593d9f60_b.jpg
8048057927_0429d9f4bd_z.jpg

Dropbox Letter Unfold for cardstock

And thanks to EyeofSauron here's a Foam unfold (A4):
Dropbox A4 Unfold for Foam

Thanks to JFCustom for another Foam unfold:
http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/Ruze789%20TDK%20Cowl%20-%20JFcustom%20foam.pdo

BATSUIT UPDATES:
I've also received permission from Pichet Paithoon to modify and release his 3d model for pepakura.
Here's what I'll be working with:
TDK.jpg

Still working on the batsuit, I had to start by removing the base body/ skin underneath everything. Next step will be to simplify the strapping that was modeled, I'd like to keep the straps included for sizing and spacing but right now every little rib and detail are modeled in there. After that I'll modify the armor parts for pepakura and/or foam.
8091365392_5e5100f12a_z.jpg

I have two parts that I've already modified and unfolded. These have been edited for pepakura but unfolded for foam. These were scaled for myself so they'll have to be adjusted for each person, as I'm only 5'-5".

The Chest (This does not include the layered part that the emblem sits on, as that is a fairly simple piece to make from 3mm foam):
8091365416_696b9bc71a.jpg

Dropbox Letter Unfold for Cardstock

The Upper Shoulder (This is only the upper or top piece, I haven't worked on the second/ lower layer yet):
8091365452_8741573da2.jpg

Dropbox Letter Unfold for Cardstock

EDIT:
I haven't made any further progress on the rest of the suit, but JFCustom did, here's his post containing the suit unfold (in another thread):

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=172323&page=2&p=2709369#post2709369
Thanks to Durkness who insidiously succeeded in motivating me :D

rar.gif
TDK - foam unfold JFcustom.rar

Scaled for a 6' guy.

TDK02.jpg
TDK01.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File

Thanks much for the kind words everyone! Glad to know it'll help some others out.
I have a couple other TDK parts in the works, the upper shoulders and chest plate. Those are modified from another modeler though and I'm waiting on permission to share those.
I also have a very simple Bane mask for foam started, need to finish that one up soon.

thanks so much,i was searching for this for long time now and yours is awesome,thanks again,i'm starting on right now.

If you ever get the Bane mask, please post the .stl or cad files too please! I want to print it out for a friend. :)

If you ever get the Bane mask, please post the .stl or cad files too please! I want to print it out for a friend. :)

What kind of print are you thinking of? The model I'm currently working on is pretty low detail, it'll be primarily just be a template for building in foam, none of the tubes or connections are modeled on it. It's mainly a base to be built on top of.

8056703717_41ddbdbd99_b.jpg

(Ignore the head model, it's just a stand-in for proportions sake. It was a video game rip.)

I also got permission from Pichet Paithoon to modify and release his model as needed, so I'll be able to post up some of the things I've already done.
Here's his model:
TDK.jpg

It takes some work to make it pepakura friendly, so it's slow going. I'm altering it mainly for foam building, but regular pepakura techniques would work for it too.
Here's what I've started with, as these seem to be the most difficult parts for foam:
8056771296_7bde691531_b.jpg

I'll release .pdos as I finish unfolding.

Great work man.

I just printed out your batman mask...

I think I might be addicted to putting together pep files... not so much anything after just the cutting and gluing together of the paper haha

Now this is the thread I was looking for! :)
Since I messed up the first TDK cowl by using not enough hardener with the resin, Id love to try this new file!

Hope to see more soon, this is getting very promising!

This is great! I've been wanting to see this pepped for a long while and it looks just stunning.

Any chance of a PDF for the cowl?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back