Limited Run Iron Man/War Machine Repulsor Kits - Now on Sale!!! 10/5/2015

darkside501st

Sr Member
Iron Man Repulsor Kits

We are finally done with our new and improved v2.4 Iron Man Repulsor FX Circuits (also known as the flight stabilizers). These kits are top notch and super cool but I will let you be the judge. I am working to produce these kits in association with a friend of mine, Novalight.

This repulsor circuit is fully adjustable in that you can customize the standby light level, the fade in time, and the fade out time, the volume of the sound effect, and even the sounds themselves if you want. We have also added the ability to switch between Six different sound profiles. With this repulsor circuit, the user has total control over it's functions, unlike other repulsor kits that only light up for a short time. You will be able to keep the repulsors at full brightness for as long as you want. This is a great feature which is very useful when you are posing for pictures. All light effect adjustments are made using 3 simple turn screws (trimpots), audio volume can be adjusted by a thumbwheel, you can switch between the sound profiles with a magnetic via the hall effect sensor, and the sounds can now be easily replaced via a micro SD card. This kit also has a power efficient circuit design that will maintain full LED brightness until the batteries completely drain. This is an obvious advantage over other setups where the LEDs will get dimmer as the batteries drain.

This circuit has applications beyond the Iron Man repuslor as well. You can make this circuit do all sorts of funny, cool things. You can even add a whole sound track or a series of separate sounds. Install it in your car, open your door and have special sound and light effects greet you, close your door and it will trigger another sound and dim the lights. Use it on a door in your house, in other costumes, etc... the possibilities are endless.

Features:

• The repulsors brighten and fire a coordinated sound effect when triggered. The circuit will also trigger a power down sound when you relax your hand after triggering the blast. This power down sound coordinates with the fading effect of the LEDs. No timing required. All light and sound effects are based on your movement.
  • Triggering is done via a hall effect sensor by using a magnet. This has several advantages: it is easy to install and gives you full control over when the effect is triggered without having to worry about it being unintentionally triggered by a push button or tilt switch. The magnet and the sensor can be hidden in under your armor meaning the circuit is completely hidden!
  • The circuit can be installed in the forearm gauntlet and is easily connected to the light pod and speaker through a quick connect at the wrist. This makes putting on your armor and attaching the unit a 'snap'.
  • The sound effect volume can be adjusted from completely off to about 150% of the original volume through a thumb wheel which could be accessed while in costume depending on the install location. However, you may need to have a handler adjust it if you are already suited up. This gives you the option to just have the light effect without the sound if there is ever a situation that calls for quiet operation or you can crank it up if you need people to hear it in a crowded convention. This is just one more way I am putting you in control. The sound quality is now even better at about 44kHz frequency.
  • Even the sound files can be customized by you. With the new v2.0 circuit you can insert the micro SD card into a PC, Mac, or other compatible device and change/customize any or all of the six sound profiles. That's right, there are now six sound profiles available for customization. Each sound profile is comprised of two audio files which will come pre-loaded on the micro SD card. You will be able to cycle through them via a magnetic hall effect sensor.
  • The repulsor light effects are fully adjustable! They can be adjusted in three ways:
    1. The first turn screw controls the LED brightness while the repulsor is in standby.
    2. The second turn screw controls the fade-in time. This is the amount of time it takes the LEDs to reach full brightness once the blast effect is triggered.
    3. The third turn screw controls the fade-out time. This is the amount of time it takes the LEDs to fade back down to the standby light intensity.
  • The repulsor can stay bright for as long as the magnet triggers the hall effect sensor (Profiles 2, 3, 5, & 6) – so when posing for photos you don’t have to try and time the repulsor effect for the camera shutter, you can keep the light bright by keeping your hand in 'fire/blast' position. The power down sound and light fade effect will not happen until you relax your hand. You can also turn up the standby brightness and walk around with the LEDs at full power all the time if you desire.
  • The repulsor has a built in voltage regulator for more efficient operation. This means that the repulsors will be at their full brightness until the batteries drop below 4 volts. They will not get dimmer as the batteries drain! This also makes it perfect for customization or patching it into a single power source for your entire suit because it can be powered by a range of voltage inputs from 5 to 18 volts. Optimal supply voltage is 5-12 volts.

Here is the link to a full demonstration of our new and improved v2.4 Iron Man Repulsor FX Circuit:

What's 'In the Box'

The set of two v2.4 Repulsor FX Circuit includes two repulsors. Each repulsor is composed of the v2.4 repulsor circuit with pre-loaded sound files as well as a LED disc, a speaker, two hall effect sensors, two strong magnets, a set of 4 2000mAh rechargeable Li-ion batteries, and a 2-battery charger.

Available Packages

• v2.4 Iron Man Repulsor FX Circuit - This is the complete package and includes everything listed above.
  • Boot Thruster Kit - (in development).

If you are interested in just one repulsor or thruster then please PM me for more information.

Optional Upgrades:

As you can see the Superhero Repulsor Kit comes with the Li-ion rechargeable batteries. They will last longer than regular batteries and they also boosts the initial voltage and therefore increase the efficiency of the power booster circuit. Plus, you won't have the extra cost of replacing your batteries every time you suit up. These batteries can also be changed out by you just like AA batteries. So if you are going to spend all day at a convention then you can take some spare Li-ion batteries with you and switch them out when your first set drains. You never have to be caught without your repulsors!

• Li-ion rechargeable batteries - $10 - Price includes 4 2000mAh AA sized Li-ion batteries. Color may vary. For the time being the batteries include a case.
  • Li-ion battery charger - $8 - One travel charger that charges 2 Li-ion batteries at a time.

Ordering:
Click here to place an order

Priority Shipping within the US (3-5 days) is $6.50. International Priority Shipping (6-10 days) to Canada is $22.50 and to all other international locations is $27.

In order to keep things simple and organized, I will make the repulsors and ship them out in the order that I receive payments.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM (Private Message) or you can post them in this thread and I will get to them ASAP.

Preorder Members:

• Bobakev - Superhero Repulsor Kit - PS - Paid - Shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man/War Machine Repulsor Kits

Let me be the first to chime in here and say how fantastic these are! The effect is just amazing!

Installation into the suit was fairly easy. Like all things Iron Man, it took a little fiddling to get it just the way I wanted it of course, but it wasn't much trouble due to the modular nature of the electronics and the quick connect separation for the LED and sound pod at the wrist. I ended up using small neodymium (rare earth) magnets that I picked up from Hobby Lobby on my wrist plate to give me a wider field of activation for the sound & light effect.

This is one of those effects that is so seamless with what the general public expects from the suit, but it just rolls into the overall "awe" factor. It's one of those CGI effects that looks easy but is incredibly difficult to pull off in the real world, and these accomplish that really well. It really adds to that "just stepped off the screen" feel of the costume and I cannot recommend these highly enough!

Just one with out sound. I'm down for one

edit: I have made several new package options. I have also updated the prices. Please refer to the first post for all the information.

Last edited:

Just so you guys know if you still want the light effects then it won't be that much cheaper to go without the sound but I guess I can put out three packages:

1. Super Kit - Light and sound effects. - $185

2. Simple Kit - Light effects only - no sound effects ~ $165-$170 (I will have to recalculate the final price. This is just a guess. So if enough people want this kit I will get a final price)

3. Basic Kit - Light only - no effects. - $50

All would have my voltage regulator/boost circuit.

Or were you guys just referring to wanting the Basic Kit?

Hey darkside501st,
I just contact you on YouTube.
I just want to tell you that i am intrested in the Super Kit and i would like to know what is the delivery cost please and time?
I live in Malte Europe

PS. nice kit :thumbsup

Hey darkside501st,
I just contact you on YouTube.
I just want to tell you that i am intrested in the Super Kit and i would like to know what is the delivery cost please and time?
I live in Malte Europe

PS. nice kit :thumbsup

I am working on making these more affordable for everyone. I should have a better idea of the final cost on these babies in a week or two. There will be a few options available so subscribe to this thread and I will keep you all updated.

I updated the first post and just as a note I have fixed the sound issue I had on the first prototype. I uploaded a new video and will be finishing up the circuit and uploading another final product video in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

nice job!.. what are your electronics kits based off of?

Arduino? Pic? How are you generating the Audio? (are the sounds user changeable?)

curious as to what hardware we get from this.

thanks!

nice job!.. what are your electronics kits based off of?

Arduino? Pic? How are you generating the Audio? (are the sounds user changeable?)

curious as to what hardware we get from this.

thanks!

Thank you. The whole light circuit is based off of electrical manipulation. This whole thing is an analog circuit except for the sound module which produces the sound through a 30mm speaker. No Arduino or any other microcontrollers are being used.

As far as replacing the sounds, I have scoured all available materials to produce a sound that is both extremely accurate and of great sound quality. I just finished editing it last night (the video above is not using the new sound). However, if you still want to replace it then that will depend first on what sound module is put in this circuit and second on your own skill set.

As I said I am looking into making these affordable for everyone. So one of the things I am looking into is pre-programmed sound modules. If I go that route then chances are you wont be able to replace the sounds. I am also looking into recording modules and programmable sound modules. The recording modules would require some skills to replace the sounds (mostly soldering small connections). The programmable sound modules would be the easiest to replace the sounds on, although, they are also the most expensive.

I describe most everything else in the first post. These LED discs use very little power and the circuit itself uses even less so 3AA batteries will last about 8 - 10 hours and the LEDs will be at full brightness the whole time. As I mentioned in the first post I am looking into rechargeable battery packs as well.

Last edited:

I haven't decided yet if I'll go alone and make my own flight stabilizers or buy them, but if I buy them, I take yours!

So....subscribed!

I'm interested in a pair without sound.

Cool, I updated the first post with a more complete list of options. I have also added a new feature to the 'Superhero Repulsor Kit'.

Everyone should re-read the first post. Feel free to comment on the changes and provide feedback if you want.

Looks great!

Sorry for asking if this is obvious, but what is the difference between the SuperHero and the Hero versions? To me they looks the same (maybe I've been at work too long.)

Looks great!

Sorry for asking if this is obvious, but what is the difference between the SuperHero and the Hero versions? To me they looks the same (maybe I've been at work too long.)

It is no problem, it will become more clear when I upload the final video demonstrations of these kits.

The Superhero kit has two very good features that don't come with the Hero kit:
  • It has a better sound module with more features so the repulsors on the Superhero kit will brighten and fire a coordinated sound effect when triggered. The circuit will also trigger a power down sound when you relax your hand after triggering the blast. This power down sound coordinates with the fading effect of the LEDs. No timing required, all light and sound effects are based on your movement. On a side note, this kit uses a USB programmable sound module so you can change the sounds and settings if you want.
  • It also comes with a set of rechargeable Li-ion batteries and the charger. These will last longer than regular batteries and you won't have the extra cost of replacing your batteries every time you suit up. It also boosts the initial voltage and therefore increases the efficiency of the power booster circuit.

In fact, the rechargeable batteries are so great that I am thinking of offering them as an optional upgrade on all the other kits.

Last edited:

This deserves it's on post:

I totally forgot what was in my video I have linked... lol. I added a note in the post but I have made several changes since that video was taken.

I have changed the audio clip, I have fixed the issue mentioned in the video about the repulsors sounding off when you turn the circuit off, and I have added a new feature that I will demonstrate on the next video. I am hopping to have a full video demonstration in a little over a week.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back