Chazdragon 2014 Mar-May Sculpture Contest Entry

chazdragon

I am planning on sculpting a full venom body suit but have never taken on a project of this magnitude. I know the clay sculpt is ruff right now. I have built it on a fiberglass and aluminum frame so that the jaw will move with grate ease. I first designed a pulley system and quickly abandoned that idea I then looked into solenoids and decided that would not work well for realistic motion. I finally settled on elastic bands with a formed chin rest (keep it simple stupid). The aluminum platform in the jaw will also serve as an anchor point for a motor that will make the tong flop on command. Tubing will be run from a reservoir with a priming pump to the mouth so that I can simulate salivation.

the Idea is to show the venom symbiote in the process of taking over its host.
20140502_152319_resized.jpg20140502_120055_resized.jpg20140501_000413_resized.jpg20140428_214856_resized.jpg20140501_000428_resized_2.jpg20140503_001738_resized.jpg20140503_001757_resized.jpg20140503_001747_resized.jpg

starting to look like venom but still needs work.

Last edited:
Very cool idea, and welcome to the forum!
This sounds like a huge project, and the inside mechanics sounds cool. Looking forward to more.

I started doing some test trials with Smooth-On's Rebound 25 for building my mold today. So far so good if every thing comes out good i should be able to fully form the mold tomorrow. I have also started the trial process with their FlexFoam-6 to lair between the finished Dragon Skin and my fabric underlay. I Just doped $500 on product so if any of you have worked with Smooth-On and have any advice to keep me from making costly mistakes i would love to hear it. I should be able to post some picks tomorrow.

? Will Rebound 25 cure if it come in contact with Vaseline

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back