Why aren't these movies on Bluray?

Megaforce... but that isn't even out on DVD either, let alone BluRay.

It was released on dvd in 2012. Don't feel bad, I just found out myself recently too. Only place I've seen it is ebay stores (I've yet to buy a copy though). This is one of my guilty pleasures as well. :)

Kevin

The Fifth Element is on blu ray, but they never released an Ultimate Edition like they did on DVD, just a stripped down version.
If The Fifth Element was released as an Ultimate Edition BR, I'd go but a BR player today! (y)cool

Young Guns II. No, seriously!

... stop laughing!
I forgot all about that movie! ;) I like the new avatar Art, but everytime I watch GOT I expect him to ask for the Ajanti Dagger. :lol

Last edited:
Union Station- William Holden
Woman in the Window- Edward G. Robinson
The Detective- Frank Sinatra
The Joker is Wild- Frank Sinatra

Oops, Union Station actually is available on blu ray. Still, I would like to see more classic film noir get restored and made available on blu ray.

Thief (1981)

This is THE James Caan film.

Often overlooked Michael Mann classic in the same vein as "Heat" and every bit as good. While "Heat" was an LA film "Thief" was Chicago through and through. Even the DVD release is the cropped letterbox so the image quality is severely degraded when viewed on widescreen.

This film is also notable for the film debut of Willie Nelson who does an incredible and touching job. I was fearful that his presence would be a distraction but he actually plays the part with remarkable delicacy and power.

Also a young Dennis Farina makes his (first?) appearance in a small part.

Early James Belushi is in this too ...he's the only person who isn't superb (even out of the secondary characters), but it doesn't ruin the movie.

thief.jpg

Thiefcaan.jpg

(when googling images to post I learned that Criterion will be releasing the Blu-Ray in 2014!!!)

Last edited:
The best version IMO! With Guy Pearce! Doesn't even exist on DVD does it?

Yes I have it on DVD

- - - Updated - - -

King Kong (1976)

Still waiting for North American release of this.

Oh yes can't wait for this one, my childhood favorite movie after SW, they planning to release it on Blu ray?

- - - Updated - - -

what about "The black Hole" I have the DVD version but would love it in HD

Yes I have it on DVD

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes can't wait for this one, my childhood favorite movie after SW, they planning to release it on Blu ray?

- - - Updated - - -

what about "The black Hole" I have the DVD version but would love it in HD

The 1976 King Kong has been released on Blu-ray, but it was not a North American release and is apparently hard to find and the PQ quality isn't great.

Waiting for something better.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back